No announcement yet.

catalyst 11.9 is online ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed on Archlinux, first time I run it, seem that now this driver support Kernel Mode Setting, anyone noticed?

I still have artifacts like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092011081.jpg/

I bugreported here, is the right place?

Last edited by fabioamd87; 29 September 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
      Installed on Archlinux, first time I run it, seem that now this driver support Kernel Mode Setting, anyone noticed?

I still have artifacts like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092011081.jpg/

I bugreported here, is the right place?

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23CFE9B36
      I might be wrong about this one, but I don't think it is possible for fglrx to support KMS, unless it actually uses the current KMS driver? Can anybody confirm this?

Comment

I can make a video if you don't belive me, the terminal font in archlinux boot goes in the natural display resolution without that I've touched nothing.

Comment

I can make a video if you don't belive me, the terminal font in archlinux boot goes in the natural display resolution without that I've touched nothing.
          Did you blacklist the radeon module?

Comment

I don't have xf86-video-ati package at all.

Comment

xf86-video-ati is the radeon X driver. There is also a radeon kernel driver, and that's what the blacklist recommendation is talking about.
              Test signature

Comment

I had some strange rainbow effect when using the dash in Gnome-Shell; however, after enabling tear-free desktop, most of the glitches went away. I can still see a bit of glitching from time to time.

Comment

I can confirm that I get natural resolution on kernel terminals. This doesn't mean that it supports KMS, but something has definitely changed for the better here!

Unfortunately, sleep is still broken on my dm1z. Back to the oss drivers which work correctly (if only they had better power saving on laptops...)

Comment

After some further investigation, 11.9 actually causes a regression for Kubuntu 11.10.

X segfaults when Muon Software Center or Muon Package Manager prompts the user to enter their password.

X segfaults when enabling or disabling kwin compositing.

Also:

Firefox now crashes instead of rendering upside down and backwards in OpenGL mode (which admittedly, you must force since they do warn that AM Catalyst is a broken driver, full of bugs)

Comment

Well, its almost usable on my ATI4670 with Gnome Shell after enabling "tear free" desktop. Just a few graphical glitches every now and then. I really want to use FGLRX because I play a lot of Wine games; however, its back to the OSS drivers until catalyst 11.10 comes out.

Comment

Working...
                      X