Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApiTrace 2.0 Brings OpenGL 4.2, Faster Performance

Phoronix: ApiTrace 2.0 Brings OpenGL 4.2, Faster Performance

Earlier this year Zack Rusin introduced ApiTrace as a new way to debug graphics drivers and other areas of the graphics stack. ApiTrace is an open-source utility that allows capturing DirectX/OpenGL API calls and to analyze them later on in a step-by-step manner. There's also other features like real-time editing of shaders and making other tweaks to how the calls are executed. ApiTrace even has a nice GUI too. Zack has now announced ApiTrace 2.0 and it makes this very useful graphics utility even much better...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried it and it is wonderfull!

Do you plan to use apitrace to make benchmarks or maybe you already do?

Comment

Read the instructions and start living the life of a computer graphics superstar, which differs from the life of an average computer graphics hacker by about 10 keyboard headbutts and half a bucket of tears a week! And that's a change we can all believe in!

Seriously though, last missing feature, is that for each gl call I want to inspect state, it replays whole trace, so think if you want to inspect frame #100 and you have to stare onto 'loading' for a minute for every time you want to inspect something.

Comment

This is one of the best OpenGL tools ever (plus it frees me from maintaining my own solution) so big kudos to everyone involved!

Now, how about some OpenGL ES support, pretty please?

Comment

Working...
        X