X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is ridiculous

Come on... i believed in meego...

Web Developers != Developers

They are more designers than devs. And HTML is no platform, just a way to attract more applications on the platform.

Comment

Hmm nokia will make a new linux distro too, with qt+swipe(will replace s40 os for cheaper phones):
      coin master free spin, coin master free spins, coin master link, coin master 2023, Coin master free spins Link UPDATED TODAY

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        why? because those technologies are not meant to be used like that. Sure you _can_ use a spade to get a nail into a wall but you _should_ use a hammer. Why? because it's easier and a hammer is a tool that is designed to get a nail into a wall.
        ...and what exactly is wrong with them? Winforms, GTK+, QT, WPF, e17, OpenGL, DirectX ect... all offer a lot of features that HTML/CSS/Javascript don't have, but the vast majority of applications only need simple things like textboxes,checkboxes, images, buttons, etc.. and HTML does those things better than any of the others, and is both better looking and easier to write. I wouldn't want to write a 3d game (or any game) in web technologies, but your average application is easily written in web technology.

Throw in Perl and PHP interpreters, and you can do pretty much anything. It would piss all over C# and WPF, and it would be inherently open source and cross-platform. I see nothing but win here, as long as nobody tries to write a first-person-shooter in it.

Comment

Originally posted by nepwk View Post
          the vast majority of applications only need simple things like textboxes,checkboxes, images, buttons, etc.. and HTML does those things better than any of the others, and is both better looking and easier to write.
          you're kidding, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by nepwk View Post
            ...as long as nobody tries to write a first-person-shooter in it.

Comment

Working...
            X