Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 8 (2007-10-24 Rawhide)

Phoronix: Fedora 8 (2007-10-24 Rawhide)

The release of Fedora 8 (codenamed Werewolf) is due out for release in less than two weeks and comes with a host of new features. Fedora 8 will offer a Codec Buddy for installing audio/video codecs, an open-source Java stack now based upon IcedTea, improved laptop support, the Pulse Audio sound server, remove virtualization support, and much more. As a sneak peak at the final release of Fedora 8, taken from the Fedora 2007-10-24 Rawhide spin we have screenshots of the improvements to the Fedora Firstboot, the Fedora 8 GNOME desktop, and also the KDE version of Fedora 8. Enjoy!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is it a typo?

"...remove virtualization support..." ?

is this true? Did you mean 'improved virtualisation'?
    Last edited by ioannis; 29 October 2007, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ioannis View Post
      "...remove virtualization support..." ?

is this true? Did you mean 'improved virtualisation'?
      http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Virtualization

Oops, bad typo. It was intended to be "remote virtualization support". It's now corrected, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I already tried the 2007-10-19 Rawhide and yes, Fedora 8 is definitly going to rock once more. Debian > Fedora > Ubuntu.

Comment

On my book Fedora > Debian for one simple little tiny detail: multilib support. Last time I checked even Etch still relies on 'jails' (chroots)... Multilib is one thing Fedora has gotten right, right from the start.

Comment

Working...
          X