Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio 1.0 Is Now Released With New Features

Default PulseAudio 1.0 Is Now Released With New Features

Phoronix: PulseAudio 1.0 Is Now Released With New Features

PulseAudio, the common Linux sound server that initially caused many headaches for Linux desktop users, has finally reached version 1.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTk0Ng

when do i get it for my distro ?

Quote Originally Posted by NomadDemon View Post
    when do i get it for my distro ?
    It's in Gentoo portage - is that your distro?

nope, its chuck testa...

i use ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    It's in Gentoo portage - is that your distro?
    Cool, I guess I'll have to resync this evening then. Looking forward to breaking my system!

In my experience, pulseaudio was itself not often responsible for headaches. What WAS responsible for the headaches was distro's POOR IMPLEMENTATION of pulse audio (bad defaults, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    In my experience, pulseaudio was itself not often responsible for headaches. What WAS responsible for the headaches was distro's POOR IMPLEMENTATION of pulse audio (bad defaults, etc.).

Hopefully after seeing all the negativity as well as getting input about what's broken, then the PA devs decided to finally fix it

Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Hopefully after seeing all the negativity as well as getting input about what's broken, then the PA devs decided to finally fix it
    In case you can't read.... I said that pulseaudio wasn't the problem and the negativity, therefore, was UNJUSTIFIED.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Agree 100% - or the distro managers un tangle it from various DEs and let the masses go back to something that works without deleting the whole disk in the process (Providing that still haven't fixed what was broken after 5 years in development :-D).

I wonder if ID games will work now... That's been my only showstopper with using PU... err.. PA.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    In case you can't read.... I said that pulseaudio wasn't the problem and the negativity, therefore, was UNJUSTIFIED.
    Whatever the problem was I'm sure hopeful that the PA devs have had discussions with the devs of major distros to clarify the technical matters in packaging, also in dealing with bugs reported by distros to the PA devs.

PA sure has a way of working properly only in certain configurations with problems reported in others. If it worked for you then that's great...have you ever given feedback on what worked for you so others can get it working for them?