Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any World of Warcraft / Wine successes with 8.42.3?

I have the same problem, refusing to start in D3D.

Anyway my Mobile X1400 get the all black textures except inside structures and I can see the menus and stuff.

Does the things described here correct the problem? Or should I stay with 8.37? (or should I move to 8.40?)

I had great faith in this latest release from ATI but since I only need my graphic card for WoW, no use to change if I can't play.

Default It sounds like it's worth you trying 8.42.3

Quote Originally Posted by cjr2k3 View Post
    Anyway my Mobile X1400 get the all black textures except inside structures and I can see the menus and stuff.
    What you're describing sounds like what I was seeing when the vertex shaders were enabled, so

SET M2UseShaders "0"

would probably help you. Alternatively, you could tell Wine to ignore GL_ARB_vertex_program, with probably the same effect.

The bottom line is:

Do I get any improvement? Or I'm good as I am?

Anyway thanks for the help, finding this foruns very informative

Default I honestly have no idea

The bottom line is:

Do I get any improvement? Or I'm good as I am?
    8.42.3 is the first driver that has worked at all on my FireGL chipset, and I've had to hack it to believe it's a X1700 to get this far! So I cannot possibly say whether your situation would improve, but mine is infinitely better .

Ok!

I'm trying again with the tips above. Since envy is released is easy to rollback now

Anyone else has something to say about if I should change or stay with what I have?

I have some problems too (mobility 9700)

in opengl mode some textures are missing and in d3d the textures are completely mixed

edit: disabling shaders fix the problem in opengl mode
    Last edited by Bigon; 10-29-2007 at 12:14 PM.

SET M2UseShaders "0"

fixed the missing textures problem I was having and for the first time I can run WoW in opengl mode... however when I started the game I was running 60 - 90 FPS... but after 5 or 10 mins it dropped to 4 fps... anyone know how this can be improved? (Yes I've followed the guide for Ubuntu, with the registry settings and all that to improve performance).

Wine not run for me; Cedega works however the FPS is low. I got about 10-20 FPS in town, with a Q6600 + 2900XT!!! I guess software renderer could even be faster

Does the things described here correct the problem? Or should I stay with 8.37? (or should I move to 8.40?)

I had great faith in this latest release from ATI but since I only need my graphic card for WoW, no use to change if I can't play.
    All I can say is that WoW runs (that is, after disabling vertex shaders). However, the FPS is noticably worse than 8.40, which wasn't great to begin with, and the minimap doesn't display inside major cities. Stick with 8.40 until they get things sorted out.

Edit: Oops, forgot to say that I use wine. Card is Radeon Mobility X300.

Up North, Where 10 degrees is shorts weather

Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    8.42.3 is the first driver that has worked at all on my FireGL chipset, and I've had to hack it to believe it's a X1700 to get this far! So I cannot possibly say whether your situation would improve, but mine is infinitely better .

Chris!
    are you telling me the X1650Pro AGP is now running with AGPMode=8???
    PPLlllleeeeaase!