Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any World of Warcraft / Wine successes with 8.42.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alistair View Post
    Chris!
    are you telling me the X1650Pro AGP is now running with AGPMode=8???
    PPLlllleeeeaase!
    Well you know my old story, it was the same as yours, and mine runs at 8x now instead of 0x with 8.42. So yours SHOULD run at 8x now too.

Comment

Where can I find the agpmode? My xorg.0.log says the following:

Code:
      root@meradin:/home/tempest# less /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep agp
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] Mode=0x1f00421b bridge: 0x10de/0x00e1
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP v1/2 disable mask 0x00000000
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP v3 disable mask   0x00000000
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] enabling AGP with mode=0x1f00431a
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] Remapping MC AGP space (new MCAGPBase = 0xc0000000)
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP protocol is enabled for graphics board. (cmd=0x1f004312)
      (II) fglrx(0): [agp] graphics chipset has AGP v3.0 (native mode)
      Already found something

Code:
      [   85.575272] agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 8x mode
      WoW runs for me. The only strange thing I have is the fact that XFCE ( or XFWM ) appears to block 3d rendering for WoW. Whenever I use XFCE I only get 1-4fps, but when I use gnome for instance my fps leaps up to about 40.
      Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

WoW runs for me. The only strange thing I have is the fact that XFCE ( or XFWM ) appears to block 3d rendering for WoW. Whenever I use XFCE I only get 1-4fps, but when I use gnome for instance my fps leaps up to about 40.
        Does anyone have any experience with this?
        I'm just gonna throw this tidbit out there. I haven't read everything here that you've posted, so if I missed an important detail, sorry.

XFCE uses a compositing window manager. I know from experience using Compiz on my Nvidia system that opengl frame rates seem to take a considerable dive while such a WM is enabled. If you have compositing on and XFCE is using it, that -could- be why you're experiencing slowdown. Since you say Gnome works fine, I'm betting that's the problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Does 7.11 do it?

I just wanted to ask for some experience with the 7.11 (8.43) driver.
          With the 8.42 I had to switch of shaders to get WoW running. But this made the game really slow.
          Does 7.11 solve this problem? What about the frame rate? Any increase?

I hope someone has tried the new one out yet, so I won't have to install it and than reinstall 8.40 again ...

Comment

Can't speak for WoW personally; but I seem to have other issues with the 7.11 Catalyst driver. On my ATI Xpress 1100 system I play another game (StepMania) as well, and once I upgraded to the 7.11, I was getting constant hard-locks of the system when running that. Downgraded to the 8.42 driver again, and the problem went away. Didn't try WoW since the problems with SM were pretty well a deal-killer. YMMV of course; maybe you'll get lucky. =)

Comment

And here i thought the new drivers would actually work... guess it was naive to think ati/amd could actually make working drivers..

oh well, no ati/amd for my next computer which ill purchase soon

Comment

I did got a huge performance increase with 7.11. But with the memory leak issue I could only play like 10min before the game lock down. Hopping for a fix in the next release. Using 8.40 now with no issues.

Comment

I had the same problem after installing 2.3. I just closed it out (via esc so it would resceive a proper quit) and restarted it and all was fine again.

You may want to try logging in once via directx (omit the -opengl flag) so the new config settings are saved and then restart using the -opengl flag, works like a charm aswell.

Comment

I tried that. No luck for me, the leak is associated with every frame rendered. I let glxgears running for 10~15min and when I got back I got full ram (1Gb) + swap full (3Gb)

Waiting for 7.12, but 8.40 is fine anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                      So I get a completely black screen if I have

SET pixelShaders "1"

and I get a corrupt / incompletely rendered screen if I have

SET M2UseShaders "1"

However, I can at least use

SET M2UsePixelShaders "1"

The game is also refusing to run for me in D3D mode, and I've needed to disable the GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_objects extension for OpenGL mode via the Wine registry.
                      Same story here and I'm on 7.11

Lucky I found this post or it would never ever ever run.

Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) w/ Wine 0.9.50 and Catalyst 7.11

Comment

Working...
                      X