Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 1.4 Video Editor Released

Phoronix: OpenShot 1.4 Video Editor Released

If you would rather not wait around for the hopeful emergence of the Novacut or Lightworks non-linear video editing applications for Linux, one of the options you can use today is the brand new OpenShot 1.4 NLE...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

fail

So basically they're showing a bunch of footage which could be assembled with any primitive linux video editor and not a single glimpse of the actual program and its UI.

And they're advertising "3D effects" and then showing 3D effects made with Blender which already in itself has a very very capable and good quality video editor integrated.

I'm not convinced.

Comment

Indeed, that looks like Blender to me.

Comment

Clearly OpenShot's developers suck at marketing. What a terrible video. The program has some very nice features and I find it very easy to use and quite capable as a basic video editor but that video doesn't highlight anything of what makes OpenShot stand out from the crowd. They should have asked their users what they think are the best features and make a video out of that.
        The only problem I had with OpenShot was that it crashed a lot. Especially when dealing with the imported files manager. If that's fixed then I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Indeed, that looks like Blender to me.
          Maybe I'm strange, but I excepted to see OpenShot not Blender.
          RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Gonna bump this only to ask, why Phoronix never writes news about Kdenlive, but constantly about OpenShot?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
              Gonna bump this only to ask, why Phoronix never writes news about Kdenlive, but constantly about OpenShot?
              Probably because Michael tracks projects that are featured with Ubuntu which isn't a KDE distro.

Comment

Working...
              X