fglrx 8.42.3, X1650AGP XV/YUY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx 8.42.3, X1650AGP XV/YUY

Hello to everyone from a new ATI card owner After many happy years on nVidia, I made a huge mistake and bought a X1650AGP card and have been struggling with it for three days now

I got everything more or less working (OpenGL, Xv with mplayer...) with a exception of tvtime:

Code:
    xvoutput: No XVIDEO port found which supports YUY2 images.
    And xvinfo says:
    Code:
        Number of image formats: 2
          id: 0x32315659 (YV12)
    -------------------------------
    ---------------------------------
            type: YUV (planar)
    Yup, YUY2 missing from Xv extension. I tryed everything, changing 5-6 ATI drivers, installed clean Ubuntu (my distro is Slack 12) and tried it also there, but each time it stays the same, no YUY2 image support.

My xorg.conf device section looks like this:

Code:
      Identifier  "ATI"
            Driver      "fglrx"
            Option      "DPMS" "TRUE"
            Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
            Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
            Option  "TexturedVideo" "on"
            Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
            Option "AccelMethod" "xaa"
            Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
            Option "MaxGARTSize" "128"
            Option "nomtrr"
    I would very much appreciate helpfull suggestions because I have 2 tv tuners in my PC, and tvtime is somewhat important to me

You have to add this for tvtime to work correctly:
    Code:
    Section "Extensions"
    #       fglrx-only for xvideo (tvtime)
            Option "XVideo" "Enable"
    EndSection
    The rest is already defined correctly (that is "VideoOverlay" and "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps").

Comment

It's already defined
      Can you please email me output from your dmesg command and Xorg.0.log, if you have card similar to mine. I would very much appreciate it. My email is [email protected]
      Last edited by absbrain; 28 October 2007, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I've got exactly the same problem happening, using the latest fglrx 8.42 on Ubuntu gutsy amd64 and a Radeon HD 2600 PRO, it's a bummer...
        I got tvtime working with a X800 PRO and fglrx 8.40, but I can't get tvtime working with my HD 2600 machine.

Comment

I have excactly the same problem with a X1600 mobile. This happens at least since 8.41...

I've seen reports of people making YUY2 work by replacing the X1600 with an older card, like for example the X800 or the 9xxx series...

Why don't the newer cards support YUY2?

Comment

This is an old problem... ;-) I use xawtv -nogl -noxv for watching tv...

Comment

Funny, I just realized that ATI's windows drivers for X1650 are also s***. ATI is in huge problems

edit: made a switch today for a nvidia card. everything works like perfectly
              Last edited by absbrain; 30 October 2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

same problem over here with debian (unstable, but with old xorg 1.3), amd64 and a radeon hd 2600 pro.

tvtime works with my old x600 card and the 8.40 fglrx drivers.

at the moment i use mplayer ("mplayer tv:// on:driver=v4l -vo xv") to watch tv via dvb-s and vdr, but the quality is really very ugly.

so a working solution on this would be very helpful...

Comment

hello,
                  with my old 9800pro disabling "TexturedVideo" works for me, just comment the line.. btw. i saw no difference in videoplayback whether this option is on or not. but tvtime works without it.. hope this helps..

Comment

There is this page at ATI: http://support.ati.com/ics/survey/su...D=508&type=web
                    Where we can ask for improvements and feature requests.

Actually, ATI people would tell us that tvtime is oficially not supported, (for recent video cards) so what we got to do is wait.

In order to be able to hope that this wait will be less than a year (which I obviously doubt very seriously, but I'd be delighted to be proven wrong) we got to ask ATI people to implement tvtime support.

So go and fill the form here: http://support.ati.com/ics/survey/su...D=508&type=web
                    there's even an option for tvtime support !

Comment

Working...
                    X