is my pc running too hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is my pc running too hot?

my AMD 64X2 3800+ pc is running at temps 0ver 45-50 degrees celsius is that normal?

OVER 50 is a bit hot. You might want to check your fansink to make sure you've got proper contact with the CPU and that it has proper airflow. If you've got both going nicely, your fansink may be inadequate to pull the watts your X2's pumping into the environment to accomplish it's tasks. Most of my machines never QUITE get this hot because I'm using high-performance copper heat sinks and watercooling.

Comment

Generally you would like your CPU (AMD Athlon64 X2) to be idling at anything below 55C. Idle temperatures do not matter as much as load temperatures which you do not want to peak over 60C. Is that temperature you have provided a load temperature? Also, what are your ambients?

Comment

sorry for the late reply yeah in full load my pc hits 45-51 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by sayuki288 View Post
          sorry for the late reply yeah in full load my pc hits 45-51 degrees
          Then you are just fine. As long as you are not going higher than a peak of 60C, you are good to go. You really want to shoot for a load temperature of 55C the highest so you still have some space for overclocking.

Comment

Working...
          X