Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X1950 Pro Support

Excuse my french......but I have tried every driver up to 8.42.3

When is there going to be support for X1950 Pro(AGP) cards on Linux from AMD?

This is the fastest AGP card in the market, and yet is ignored by AMD???

I do have a Sapphire X1950 Pro(APG) 512MB. And 8.42.3 is actually worse than 8.41.7 yay for me!

Any windows goes crazy after a year of usage, so my only other choice is what????? hacked OSX? I am managing my basic needs with a flavor of Linux with basic 2D support and ZERO 3D capability with my shiny new AGP card. If you have a PCIe X1950 it's a different beast, don't try to help

Originally posted by mabco View Post
    This is the fastest AGP card in the market, and yet is ignored by AMD???
    Considering that they're all trying to make AGP go away in the first place, it's going to be taking a big uproar of epic proportions, very probably from Dell or HP on something important, to get them to deal with the issues right at the moment. Your problems really stem from the fact that they're using an AGP to PCI-E bridge to make your GPU go on that AGP slot. It's intrinsically the same thing as the PCI-E part with the addition of that bridge. And, it seems pretty much everyone else with AGP parts happens to be the ones having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Considering that they're all trying to make AGP go away in the first place, it's going to be taking a big uproar of epic proportions, very probably from Dell or HP on something important, to get them to deal with the issues right at the moment. Your problems really stem from the fact that they're using an AGP to PCI-E bridge to make your GPU go on that AGP slot. It's intrinsically the same thing as the PCI-E part with the addition of that bridge. And, it seems pretty much everyone else with AGP parts happens to be the ones having issues.
      Go away ? look here and be amazed : http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ers-focus-3850

Comment

Working...
      X