Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Compiler Stacks, A Hard Dependency On LLVM

Phoronix: Mesa Compiler Stacks, A Hard Dependency On LLVM

Tom Stellard, the former Google Summer of Code student who worked on R300 GLSL improvements and a new register allocator, is now working for AMD and his work is focused on bringing up open-source OpenCL / GPGPU support in the Radeon Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LLVM will have big impact for FOSS, so this is a good thing. It and Mesa will grow together.
    And when Tom end up working at AMD? He didn't praised himself

Comment

I have yet to detect any dependency of the Intel classic driver on LLVM. I'm perfectly fine with it if they decide to make it a dependency, but I don't see it actually implemented as such right now.

Can the Intel classic driver (i.e., currently the most stable and feature-complete driver for Intel chips on Linux) even use LLVM? Or does it forego it because it doesn't need to deal with TGSI in a world without Gallium?

Comment

Working...
      X