Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you auto-start the amdcccle settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you auto-start the amdcccle settings?

Pretty much that's it, how can I have the settings that amdcccle, like vsync always, filtering, and color correction start up at the beginning? At least just at log on to user, that's fine.

Same problem here. In previous generation fglrx (up to 8.40.4) the ~/.drirc file worked perfectly for setting vsync.

Now (with fglrx 8.42.3) the vsync settings can *only* be applied in amdcccle, and don't survive a reboot (although amdcccle stores them in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and remembers them).

Another thing I noticed, is that vsync happens too late (when about 20% of the screen is already drawn).

Has anyone tried to "strace amdcccle" and see how it communicates with the driver when pressing "Apply" ? If we find it, then I can write an automated program to apply any settings, and auto-start it in kde or whatever :-)

Comment

I haven't found anything but, yes, vsync has problems. I don't see it at 20% of the screen like you say, it more like fluctuates in and out from where it should be. That's nothing new in this version though. Been that way for me since I first used the driver. Can't say for sure if it got worse, but it's likely.

Comment

Working...
      X