Wine 1.3.28: Fun With DirectDraw/OpenGL, VBScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox pgo

official linux firefox has PGO enabled. ubuntu's firefox does not https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....9/+bug/213708

Comment

Don't the Mozilla builds also use LTO? That requires 8gb ram from the build machine though, so it's understandable if it's not used by distros :P

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        wine is a awesome pice of software!...

and wine also beats nativ linux programm versions...

i get 3-4 more fps in hon with better graphic if i use wine...

also firefox is faster in wine as nativ.. and so one.
        How about you start writing with full sentences/words en way... les.... dots.....
        That would certainly increase the readability of your posts in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
          What was the DirectDraw default render before the change to OpenGL?
          GDI http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
          While looking up the URL I noticed there was a reg. key that I had not seen before: AlwaysOffscreen... sounds fun

Anyway, still using 1.3.24 till I get the time to troubleshoot sound in later versions.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
            GDI http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
            While looking up the URL I noticed there was a reg. key that I had not seen before: AlwaysOffscreen... sounds fun

Anyway, still using 1.3.24 till I get the time to troubleshoot sound in later versions.
            I had some problems with sound in newer versions. If you have an exception for "mmdevapi", try disabling it (disabling the exception).

Comment

Firefox is slow. It's slow because it doesn't have the advantage of a new multithreaded architecture like Chrome does (last time I checked).

It's not slow because the people that want it to run on Linux want it to suck balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                If Bridgman hack my account and try to write here as "Qaridarium" he will fail because he can not write like me LOL
                There's a reason I spell your name "Q"
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by marwi509 View Post
                  I had some problems with sound in newer versions. If you have an exception for "mmdevapi", try disabling it (disabling the exception).
                  Actually the fix was simpler than that: setting audio hardware acceleration to full instead of emulation

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    And tracemonkey has always been enabled, afaik.

However, you are correct that often optimizations are first done for Windows, then ported to OSX and Linux when time is available. Sometimes that never happens.
                    Mozilla had tracemonkey disabled in 64-bit builds on Linux for a long time even though it worked without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                      Mozilla had tracemonkey disabled in 64-bit builds on Linux for a long time even though it worked without a problem.
                      Tracemonkey is not disabled anymore:
                      RESOLVED (general) in Core - JavaScript Engine. Last updated 2010-09-16.

(resolved)

It was because "the branches diverged" -Comment 40.

Comment

Working...
                      X