No announcement yet.

Catalyst Control Center not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, it's working now with the script.

One last thing though, i can't change any anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering setting on the control panel... they're all grayed out. I do have 3D because i can play all games I've tried so far so it's a bit weird

regards,
    Carlos

Comment

@kmolazz

You must activate the checkbox "Override ... " first before you can use the scrollbar. It's possible that you must run amdcccle as root, because amdcccle makes some changes in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Spooky

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
        @kmolazz

You must activate the checkbox "Override ... " first before you can use the scrollbar. It's possible that you must run amdcccle as root, because amdcccle makes some changes in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Spooky

The checkbox it self is grayed out... that's what i don't get. I'd also noticed it changes the xorg.conf file as it took out the settings i had introduced to get rid of the "watermark corruption" i was having.. lol, i'll just refrain from using it.

thanks for your help

Comment

I tried this on fedora fc8 and it didn't work. I get this msg:
          $ LD_PRELOAD=~/libX11.so.6 amdcccle
          amdcccle: cannot connect to X server :0.0

Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the useful hints...I had the same problem here, too...Catalyst Control Center refused to start...it failed with the error mentioned before:

amdcccle: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Zusicherung ?c->xlib.lock? nicht erf?llt.
            Abgebrochen

I'm using Fedora Core 8 (werewolf) and the workaround for suse linux didn't fit for me...so here is what I did:

-after fiddling around for some time with the libX11 source package which also refused to compile (various errors) I decided to give the following solution a shot:

-downloaded libX11-1.0.3-8.fc7 RPM for i386 (old release of libX11 for fc7, no xcb support included) from:
            http://hany.sk/~hany/RPM/f-7-i386/li....fc7.i386.html

-extracted libX11.so.6.2.0 from this package to a location like ~

-started amdcccle from a shell with:
            LD_PRELOAD=./libX11.so.6.2.0 amdcccle

got ya!

So Catalyst Control Center is working now, besides that it is just a piece of f*g crap and should be considered alpha 0.2 ^^

so far, hope that helps the other fedora users out there...

Comment

@gbuster: tnx for the link problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                Hey, what a clever workaround Tried that, seems to work perfectly.

For those running Gentoo here is a quick HOWTO:
                1. Determine your currently installed libX11 version:
                  $ emerge -pv libX11

2. Build the same libX11 without xcb support, e.g.:
                  $ USE="-xcb" ebuild /usr/portage/x11-libs/libX11/libX11-1.1.2-r1.ebuild install

3. Copy the "non-xcb" libX11 to some "safe" place, e.g.:
                  $ cp /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libX11-1.1.2-r1/image/usr/lib64/libX11.so.* ~

4. Run amdcccle
                  $ LD_PRELOAD=~/libX11.so.6 amdcccle

You may have to adjust the paths as needed, but I think you get the general idea.

But, this bug should still be fixed for the next version. "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"
                Awesome. I'm using Fedora Core 8, and all I needed to do was link to the library from my old Gentoo stage 4 tarball!

Comment

Working...
                X