No announcement yet.

Catalyst Control Center not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on opensuse 10,3 X64 and tried your small how-to.
    But i don't get anywhere.. i altered the file and rpmbuild but no file is created in the directory you mention.

any hint? real linux noob here

Comment

Originally posted by kmolazz View Post
      I'm on opensuse 10,3 X64 and tried your small how-to.
      But i don't get anywhere.. i altered the file and rpmbuild but no file is created in the directory you mention.

any hint? real linux noob here
      I'm on opensuse 10.3 too. Maybe the path is "/usr/tmp/xorg-x11-libX11-7.2-build/usr/lib/libX11.so.* ".
      I succeed in copying files, but there is still an error

Comment

There was some mistakes of me in the copy line.

Code:
        cp /usr/var/tmp/xorg-x11-libX11-7.2-build/usr/lib/libX11.so* ~/
        The correct line should be

Code:
        cp /var/tmp/xorg-x11-libX11-7.2-build/usr/lib/libX11.s* ~/
        I will fix my Howto.

@kmolazz
        Do you get some error messages from rpmbuild process like "file not found"?

@htcool86
        Do you use the 32bit or 64bit version of openSUSE? Which error message occurs?

Spooky
        Last edited by Spooky; 07 November 2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
          @htcool86
          Do you use the 32bit or 64bit version of openSUSE? Which error message occurs?

Spooky
          Though my cpu is amd athlon64 3000+, I use the 32bit version of openSUSE.You know i am a Chinese, my user's account console message is in Chinese, and i am on windows xp now, so i couldn't tell you what the error is.
          Besides the CCC's problem, i have another: when i move the mouse to the right side of the screen, the point will go out of the screen for a long distance, and the compact menu button of firefox will show the menu out of the screen. I think it's also a bug of the ati driver. Do you know how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by htcool86 View Post
            when i move the mouse to the right side of the screen, the point will go out of the screen for a long distance, and the compact menu button of firefox will show the menu out of the screen.
            Sounds like it's configured for dualhead operation.

Comment

@kmolazz
              Do you get some error messages from rpmbuild process like "file not found"?
              Spooky
              Hi,
              thanks for your help.
              I don't get any "file not found" error. I get this:
              Code:
              /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.40429: line 27: autoreconf: command not found
              error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.40429 (%build)

RPM build errors:
                  Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.40429 (%build)
              No files or directories are created inside "/var/tmp/xorg-x11-libX11-7.2-build/"

Also, i wasn't able to rpmbuild logged just as a user (lots of "permission denied" errors).. had to change to su.

Comment

@kmolazz

Code:
                This is the answer for your problem. "command not found" is comparable to "file not found". In this case "autoconf" is missing. I believe that you need some additional tools to build a rpm file.

Look at line 12 ("# usedforbuild aaa_base acl ...") in "/usr/src/packages/SPECS/xorg-x11-libX11.spec" please, which other packages are required. The simplest way to add missing packages is YaST.

Spooky

Comment

@kmolazz

Code:
                  This is the answer for your problem. "command not found" is comparable to "file not found". In this case "autoconf" is missing. I believe that you need some additional tools to build a rpm file.

Look at line 12 ("# usedforbuild aaa_base acl ...") in "/usr/src/packages/SPECS/xorg-x11-libX11.spec" please, which other packages are required. The simplest way to add missing packages is YaST.

Spooky

...it's works now, had some others packages missing. Many thanks

Is there any way i can change the amdcccle "shortcut"
                  i have on kmenu to make it run without having to do it on console? I tried to change the command to what i use on console but it doesn't work...

Comment

Comment

@kmolazz

Insert this

Code:
                      #!/bin/bash
                      export LD_PRELOAD=/home/spooky/libX11.so.6
                      /usr/bin/amdcccle
                      into a new script file like "/home/spooky/bin/amdcccle.sh". Replace "spooky" with the user name that you have at your system.

Don't forget to make amdcccle.sh executable.

Code:
                      chmod 755 /home/spooky/bin/amdcccle.sh
                      Change the shortcut property 'command' from amdcccle to "/home/spooky/bin/amdcccle.sh", then it should work.

Spooky

Comment

Working...
                      X