Radeon Open Source and modeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Open Source and modeline

I see that with new versions of this driver the Modeline command in xorg.conf doesn't have effect anymore.
    With some of these versions xvidtune doesn't apply the settings.
    Is there a workaround or any fix?

Originally posted by kir? View Post
    I see that with new versions of this driver the Modeline command in xorg.conf doesn't have effect anymore.
    Binary package hint: xorg I tried the new radeon drivers: 6.7.192 6.7.195 6.7.196 With all of them I couldn't center the screen. I tried both with xvidtune (setting parameters and hitting Apply) and putting the line Modeline xxxxxxxxxxxx in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Modeline simply doesn't work while xvidtune say I requested a mode-line that is not possible or supported. 6.6.3 release works fine and I have no problem. My xorg version it is not the latest but is 1.3... however I think this is an...

Comment

Originally posted by kir? View Post
      You can still specify modelines, it just works a little differently for randr 1.2 drivers. You can either specify the mode on the fly with xrandr or specify the modeline in a monitor section of your config linked to the output you want to use it with.

Code:
      xrandr --newmode my_mode 63.50 1024 1072 1176 1328  768 771 775 798 -hsync +vsync
      xrandr --addmode VGA-0 my_mode
      See this page for more on xrandr config file information:

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        You can still specify modelines, it just works a little differently for randr 1.2 drivers. You can either specify the mode on the fly with xrandr or specify the modeline in a monitor section of your config linked to the output you want to use it with.

Code:
        xrandr --newmode my_mode 63.50 1024 1072 1176 1328  768 771 775 798 -hsync +vsync
        xrandr --addmode VGA-0 my_mode
        See this page for more on xrandr config file information:
        http://www.intellinuxgraphics.com/dualhead.html
        yes but that do the thing dinamically, I needed it permanently, so I discovered that modeline still works with the option PreferredMode.

Comment

Working...
        X