Mice Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice Under Linux

Out of interest, what mice do all of you use with Linux? How does the compatibility fare with the vendor features? Logitech and Razer seem to be the two popular options for gaming and heavy users. Do you use any 3rd party GNU utilities (lomoco, Razertool, ...)?

I use a Logitech mx518 with no special software. The sensitivity adjustment (400-800-1600) buttons work great.

Comment

Originally posted by cakey
      I use a Logitech mx518 with no special software. The sensitivity adjustment (400-800-1600) buttons work great.
      I agree. I never actually tried to use the two side buttons though.. haven't needed them for any games under Linux.

Comment

I'm using the Logitech MX1000. It works quite well out of the box. Some setup is required to get all the buttons working. I never bothered getting the cruise buttons working since I don't use them ever.

In the case of the side buttons (forward/backward) I have them mapped to ALT_LEFT and ALT_RIGHT which works great in a browser.

There is a tool called logitech-applet which is handy for configuring Logitech mouses (of course), but I've never had a need for it.

Comment

For mouses (yes, thats an acceptable way to say the plural form of a computer 'mouse') I tend to only buy logitech, so for my mac I use a logitech mx1000, and on my pc with Slackware-current i use the g7 (My desk poorly accomidates wires.) I use a logitech G7. It's a fantastic mouse, great tracking, ability to change the sensativity on the fly via hardware, and I was able to get side scrolling and the 4th mouse button working with xmodmap

--Scott

Comment

I'm using a standard optical mouse. Works great for me, even for gaming

Comment

Logitech all the way. Great experience with their products (except the Laser 5000).

Comment

Logitech MX510

I haave three mice at home and all are Logitech MX510 optical. To set the resolution I use the standard mouse control panel in KDE.

Comment

I just traded in my Logitech dual optical for an MX510. It took some getting used to, the dual optical was THE perfect shape and weight, but the 510 isn't nearly as bad as I expected. I just wish it was textured instead of smooth plastic. I actually like the big indentation for the thumb, I thought I would hate it passionately.

Comment

Razor Copperhead ftw! Left a Logitech MX510 for it and i'll never go back to logitech for mice again! Great mouse. Fast DPI and love how its made! Plus it glows blue, can't beat that

Comment

Working...
                    X