Another Studio Is Working On A Unigine-Based Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    in germany patent law only hit companys and no privat human!

privat humans can use all patents withlout any paymend.

but if you try to make money they will f. you
    I know. Thus I personally dont care about any patents. I just use them as I want to. So the point with "S3tc or --texture-floating is requierd [...] You wont be able to run it" is compleetly wrong in this place. I use it and it works. So why do I care about it? Just becuase Upstream ( Mesa ) now the Distributions do not include it, it does not mean that its not possible to use.

Greetings

Wubbbi

Comment

Originally posted by Wubbbi View Post
      Originally posted by Qaridarium
      in germany patent law only hit companys and no privat human!

privat humans can use all patents withlout any paymend.

but if you try to make money they will f. you
      I know. Thus I personally dont care about any patents. I just use them as I want to. So the point with "S3tc or --texture-floating is requierd [...] You wont be able to run it" is compleetly wrong in this place. I use it and it works. So why do I care about it? Just becuase Upstream ( Mesa ) now the Distributions do not include it, it does not mean that its not possible to use.

Greetings

Wubbbi
      Right, since they only care about making money, going after individuals doesn't help them. It gives bad PR to both their company and to patents, which is too bad because patents, especially software patents, need more bad PR so the public will notice the problem more and rebel against their governments implementing these artwork/math monopolies in particular.

So please support open source projects implementing patents. Just make it so the patented part can be easily separated so that you can still get more support from the countries of the world which are under corporate dictators.

Comment

I wouldnt be so sure about a Linux version. The previous game, Apox, was made with Ogre3d, which provides a Linux version and they didnt made a Linux release. Seems that they only used the open source software to make some budget to jump to a commercial engine. Having some experience with Ogre and unigine myself, I dont blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
          I call trolling, again, on Phoronix, and with good reason.
          What, no call out on the stereotypical Western bias towards India?

At first this made me less hopeful of seeing a quality Unigine game out of BlueGiant

Comment

Screenshots looks Avatar-ish to me.

Comment

Working...
            X