Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's New SNB Acceleration Architecture Still Maturing

Phoronix: Intel's New SNB Acceleration Architecture Still Maturing

In early June there was the introduction of the Sandy Bridge New Acceleration Architecture by Intel that dramatically excelled the 2D and 3D performance of their processor graphics on their Sandy Bridge hardware along with previous-generation IGPs. Here is a look at how the SNA acceleration architecture is performing today.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd like to see some benchmarks on older hardware like the i945GM.

I had massive improvements in FPS with SNA enabled.

Comment

I would also love some benchmarks on a 945GM, since it's what my netbook has

Comment

You will have much greater performance boost patching xorg...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...19e6c462100450 More performance work
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

SNA or SNB? The title and name of the page disagree....

Comment

Originally posted by nzjrs View Post
              SNA or SNB? The title and name of the page disagree....
              SNB is Sandy Bridge.

So SNB Acceleration Architecture
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge-based Lenovo ThinkPads. Then I'm going to buy one, in the X series, and hope the heck they have USB 3.0 at least.

Comment

Values of quantities should be written as a number followed by a space, separated. This is an international norm.

Originally posted by International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM)
                  International Bureau of Weights and Measures

5.3.3 Formatting the value of a quantity

The numerical value always precedes the unit, and a space is always used to separate
                  the unit from the number. Thus the value of the quantity is the product of the number
                  and the unit, the space being regarded as a multiplication sign (just as a space
                  between units implies multiplication). The only exceptions to this rule are for the unit
                  symbols for degree, minute, and second for plane angle, ?, ′, and ′′, respectively, for
                  which no space is left between the numerical value and the unit symbol.
                  Originally posted by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
                  National Institute of Standards and Technology

Section 7.2 Space between numerical value and unit symbol

In the expression for the value of a quantity, the unit symbol is placed after the numerical value and a space is left between the numerical value and the unit symbol.
                  e.g.: 2.5 GHz, 4096 MB, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X