ATI 8.42.3 and X800 XT Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 8.42.3 and X800 XT Overheating

Ok guys, is just to let you know about this problem. The ATI 8.42.3 still have the overheating issue in X800 series. I have a X800 XT PE and still overheating, and the other issue, the fan full blast problem, isn't fixed at all, the fan isn't a full blast but ins't at default rpm ether.

In other word.. be carefull, this problem still present in this serie and can damage your card.

Just replace the cooler, I have done that with 2 cards to get em more quiet. There are replacement ones from Arctic Cooling.

Comment

Im restore my open source drivers, this driver don't have this problem and compiz work very well, the 3d is very limited, I still have hard lock in games and if I enable the blur plug-in in compiz, same hard lock and the only way to fix it is pressing the reset button in the case.

I cant replace the cooler, I have a XPC is a small form factor and the space is very limited, but thanks for the suggestion.
      Last edited by Dropknee; 24 October 2007, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I think you are using the wrong card then. Your case does not seem to be for fast (+hot) cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          I think you are using the wrong card then. Your case does not seem to be for fast (+hot) cards.
          Nop, the problem isn't the card are the drivers, I don't have this problem in Windows, same with the open source drivers in Linux. This bug have been reported to ATI and they know about this nasty bug, but I really don't know WTH they are thinking

Comment

Can you run 3d mark without problems on Win?

Comment

Same problem here.

I own a X800 GTO2 and I'm becoming really angry.
              I cant use this crap of a driver as long as this bug isn't fixed.
              And Ati knows about this problem.
              Now they habe rewritten the whole driver and nothing has changed.

IT CAN'T be hard to fix this because the bug was not there before 8.32 or so.

I just want one thing: To know if they will fix this damned bug in one of the next releases!

If not i could sell this crappy card and buy a nvidia.

Sorry about my ranting but I'm waiting about a year now for this bugfix and nothing is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashwan View Post
                Same problem here.

I own a X800 GTO2 and I'm becoming really angry.
                I cant use this crap of a driver as long as this bug isn't fixed.
                And Ati knows about this problem.
                Now they habe rewritten the whole driver and nothing has changed.

IT CAN'T be hard to fix this because the bug was not there before 8.32 or so.

I just want one thing: To know if they will fix this damned bug in one of the next releases!

If not i could sell this crappy card and buy a nvidia.

Sorry about my ranting but I'm waiting about a year now for this bugfix and nothing is happening.
                Well to be exact, the bug, at last for me, began with the drivers 8.28.8, before that, my card run great without any mayor problem. Im very angry at this too, I really don't know what the hell happen with ATI, now AMD, this is a nasty bug, do you read it right?? NASTY FREAKING BUG and this need to be a priority!!!

Comment

Yes i think you are right with 8.28.8
                  I wonder if this bug is with all X800 cards.
                  Did you flash the bios of your card Dropknee? I really don't think that the bug depends on this.
                  But maybe there is a very small chance...

Michael dont you know something about this?

Everything i want is a statement from Amd or someone else who is involved.
                  Last edited by Nashwan; 24 October 2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Did you flash the bios of your card Dropknee?
                    Nop, my card have the default bios, but I like to try but really don't know how to do that and is someone know is this can have a possibility to fix this problem pls let us know, this is very important for us X800 users.

Michael don't you know something about this?
                    He must know, and I like to see his opinion about this and is he know just a littler possibility to fix this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X