Heroes of Newerth performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by its-techs View Post
    Ok. So I'm trying to troubleshoot your situation and figure this out; let me ask some more questions --

1) Is the card you have now the same card you had fps problems on?

2) If the hd7770 card is new, what was the old card, if any?

3) If this is a new card, what was it that made you think that the driver fps problem was solved rather than it being the new hardware?
    The problem was worse with my previous card (HD4830), scrolling was choppy and gibs made the FPS tank. And even though the new card performs better, the old one was no slouch either.

Chronologically, here's what I've played HoN on:
    Athlon 64 x2 + HD4670, Catalyst 11.X = native HoN playable
    FX-6100 + HD4830, Catalyst 12.1 through 12.4 = native HoN choppy, HoN through WINE butter smooth
    FX-6100 + HD7770, Catalyst 12.4 and 12.6 = native HoN playable with 12.4 (but rendering errors), butter smooth with 12.6

The game feels smoother on the HD7770 with 12.6 beta than with 12.4. But since it's the only card I can run 12.6 with, I asked for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick3y View Post
      I have same performance issue with opengl on both windows and linux. With opengl on lowest possible settings i have about 30 fps in game and its drops below 20 in teamfights but with directx on mid/high settings i have about 50-80 fps and it is never drops below 30 even in teamfights. I am using hp 630 laptop with core i3 cpu and amd 6370m card with latest catalyst driver.
      Same perfomance with latest catalyst 12.6. Who should fix this? S2 or AMD?

Comment

I have a feeling that it is S2 who fail here.

Comment

Hey guys i've the exact same problem. Which is random fps drop although it happens only in this game (hon) it never happens in LoL or any other application also ive noticed that when i put vsync on its always stable at 60 in LoL while it can randomly drop at 59 / 58 / 30 in hon randomly. Can someone tell me how to fix it plz?

Comment

Just disable a VSync. Very short description how VSync works: If FPS is more than VSync value (mostly 60) it will be reduced to this value, so 60 in our example. When FPS is less than 60 eg. 50, it will be reduced to 30 FPS. VSync is good option only when You are sure that Your system will allow You to get more FPS than Your refresh rate value is, but if Your avarage FPS without VSync enabled is close to Your refresh rate value You shouldn't enable VSync.

Comment

Word is some nice performance boost coming and not just from ogl improvements
              talking about outperforming windows

Comment

Finally I am able to run HoN with acceptable fps. Sure not as good as with directx rendering, but much better then before. Now I am using catalyst 12.9 beta.

Comment

Numbers and specs please?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmaker View Post
                    Numbers and specs please?
                    I have hp laptop with 1st gen core i3 cpu, amd 6370m video and 6GB of ram. Now HoN running on mid settings near 60 fps and its never drops below 30 even in huge team fights. HoN was completely unplayable with my video card until catalyst 12.9 beta release.

Comment

So, i managed to get some time for testing (you know what i mean, right ) and have to confirm that HoN with 12.9 driver runs a LOT better (50% boost in performance, higher lowest framerates, smaller framedrops in teamfights) while using AMD A8 APU.

Comment

Working...
                      X