Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_keeper View Post
    I get 42fps with my radeon 6670 1GB + Q9450 and 8GB ddr2
    the fps drops to 29fps with FF running

linux native with fglrx
    2048x1536 all AA/AF settings maxed out in amdcccle (in game says no AA so not sure about that)

Performance seems reasonable to me
    try out the windows clind in wine you will get 70fps---

I would never bash a company for making a native Linux client. Why? Because at least they had the guts to do it. Big companies like EA or Activision won't because they care way to much about the bottom line. s2games is on our side and at least they are trying. They don't have to make a Linux native version of there game and yet they do.

They understand there is an untapped market for gamers out there and they want it. So please do not bash a company for making a native client. If you have a problem with their game help them with it by actually giving them good feedback.

Pull up the game logs and see if there are errors. Try with different drivers and graphics settings. Even different distro's can have an impact because of the different xorg servers and kernels.

Getting 50 people together and saying you get low fps or there ogl renderer is bad will help no one. You have to give tangible problems for them to look at. Telling a company in the tech forums or wherever that linux people should just use wine and the windows client will just make them stop producing Linux native games and I am sure we all don't want that. Look at Blizzard. They had a Linux port of Wow, but it worked so well in wine and whatever other reasons they had they decided not to release it.

i get really bad performance through wine. fps is not smooth at all. drops down to 10 every once a while.
    with native HoN client i get really smooth framerate with tearfree enabled from catalyst and no performance problems except huge fights.
    i think S2 games have done really good linux clients so far for all the savage series and new HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    sure they can !
    They can tell every single linux-customer to use the windows clind in wine! because they are unable to dev a completive openGL-nativ-linux-clind.

don't worry they already get the message.

and if you are fight against incapable and incompetence any words are useless.
    so basically a troll post "herder use wine" and you really wonder why such a thread got deleted...

oh and fyi its not th linux client that has the problem its the ogl renderer.
    f you want to compare hon in wine or native you really should switch to ogl on the windows client.

s2 know their utilisation of ogl is very poor (it spends too much time managing textures eating resources - effects win as well since common gfx engine).
    only recently has the ogl renderer been looked at with very high water quality, something windows-dx cant reliably do at the moment.

so dont bash s2 for the linuc client, it is actually very good, knock them for their ogl renderer and thus again that thread did not belong in tech since nothing client-side can fix their utilisation.
    such a post in the bugs forum would have been better (and would not have been deleted) or in suggestions for improved ogl

also linux drivers are quite poor. even the improved ati are still poor (cant dualhead and fullscreenaj
    likewise desktop interaction with the drivers does not help be it kwin/cutter failed 3d overlay wrt 3d fullscreen or forcing 2d notification events all these thing do not help (and thats why i suggested starting hon in a new xserver)
    Last edited by Naib; 09-05-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNKyDeth View Post
    I would never bash a company for making a native Linux client.
    i only bash them because of the bad graphic and bad performance not because of the linux clind.
    the linux clind isn't a alms to the poor linux people.
    we the "linux" users do have the right for the same good graphic and performance result!
    certainly if the windows clind runs like that in wine!

Why? Because at least they had the guts to do it. Big companies like EA or Activision won't because they care way to much about the bottom line. s2games is on our side and at least they are trying.
    there are on our side? i don't think so bad graphic and bad performance isn't a advertisement for the linux system.
    they make clear it isn't a support question its a suggestion means you pay the full price of the game but you don't have the right for the same good result and you have to beg in a suggestion to get your RIGHT!

They don't have to make a Linux native version of there game and yet they do.
    they claim it! its there fault! you can not claim a linux version and then the linux version is only a lie a lie because they drop many graphic effects! and bad performance! you don't have air particles in the nativ linux version! and you don't have shader3 lighting only shader2!

They understand there is an untapped market for gamers out there and they want it. So please do not bash a company for making a native client. If you have a problem with their game help them with it by actually giving them good feedback.
    they delete my good feedback because they think its not a support stuff its a suggestion
    Suggestion LOL!!!!! this word makes me so angry!
    because its not a Suggestion !
    they claim to support linux but they only do alms to linux people!

i will never write an suggestion to S2 games because this is a insult to me.

its a Insult to claim i do not have the right for full graphic and full speed with my linux clind.

Pull up the game logs and see if there are errors. Try with different drivers and graphics settings. Even different distro's can have an impact because of the different xorg servers and kernels.
    they don't care they delete my test-results.

Getting 50 people together and saying you get low fps or there ogl renderer is bad will help no one.
    i do not found a problem because the problem is history i found a solution.
    i drop the linux clind on my system.
    because the nativ linux clind is not writen to work with AMD/ATI hardware well.
    if you use AMD hardware you are forced to use the windows clind.

You have to give tangible problems for them to look at. Telling a company in the tech forums or wherever that linux people should just use wine and the windows client will just make them stop producing Linux native games and I am sure we all don't want that. Look at Blizzard. They had a Linux port of Wow, but it worked so well in wine and whatever other reasons they had they decided not to release it.
    i life in reality if the nativ clind do not bring the same graphic result and bad performance then it just hurts linux

you play on linux just to get bad graphic and low speed? LOL you are kidding!
    to make people happy with linux you need to get the best solution for linux and if the best solution is based on wine thats the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    i get really bad performance through wine. fps is not smooth at all. drops down to 10 every once a while.
    with native HoN client i get really smooth framerate with tearfree enabled from catalyst and no performance problems except huge fights.
    i think S2 games have done really good linux clients so far for all the savage series and new HoN.
    "i get really bad performance through wine."

i can imagine the cause of your bad wine result.
    you do have an openGL 2.1 graphic card or an driver with only openGL2.1 support.
    then wine falls back to the OpenGL 2.1shader directX to openGL renderer.

you only get this extremely good performance result if your graphic card can handle openGL3.3 and your driver to.

because of the wine speed up openGL extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "i get really bad performance through wine."

i can imagine the cause of your bad wine result.
    you do have an openGL 2.1 graphic card or an driver with only openGL2.1 support.
    then wine falls back to the OpenGL 2.1shader directX to openGL renderer.

you only get this extremely good performance result if your graphic card can handle openGL3.3 and your driver to.

because of the wine speed up openGL extensions.
    i have opengl 4.2 capable card fyi (namely ati hd 5770)
    wine just throws glsl errors and slows games down due the bad ati catalyst drivers probaly
    while native games seem to run really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    so basically a troll post "herder use wine" and you really wonder why such a thread got deleted...
    its not a troll post its the true!...

oh and fyi its not th linux client that has the problem its the ogl renderer.
    f you want to compare hon in wine or native you really should switch to ogl on the windows client.
    you are kidding right? can i use the directX renderer in the nativ linux clind? no? LOL then you are a liar!
    the openGL renderer IS the linux clind. because no one use ist on windows!
    sure they use the openGL renderer in macos to but not on windows.

s2 know their utilisation of ogl is very poor (it spends too much time managing textures eating resources - effects win as well since common gfx engine).
    only recently has the ogl renderer been looked at with very high water quality, something windows-dx cant reliably do at the moment.
    in my tests the windows clind also do have better water ...

so dont bash s2 for the linuc client, it is actually very good, knock them for their ogl renderer
    there is no directX renderer in the nativ linux clind ! to blame the linux clind is the same as blaming the openGL renderer!
    no difference!

and thus again that thread did not belong in tech since nothing client-side can fix their utilisation.
    i'm on the clind side? and i fix their utilisation!

i fix that in installing wine and installing the windows version in wine!

uhh ugly nasty hack!

such a post in the bugs forum would have been better (and would not have been deleted) or in suggestions for improved ogl
    to claim thats this is a suggestion is just a insult for me.

because in my point of view its a bug and the solution is a bugfix and this "support"

also linux drivers are quite poor.
    you say 65fps in hon+wine with full graphic is poor?

no its impressive!

even the improved ati are still poor (cant dualhead and fullscreenaj
    likewise desktop interaction with the drivers does not help be it kwin/cutter failed 3d overlay wrt 3d fullscreen or forcing 2d notification events all these thing do not help (and thats why i suggested starting hon in a new xserver)
    ? sorry i do not have a multimonitor setup...

wine just throws glsl errors and slows games down due the bad ati catalyst drivers probaly
    what kind of wine version do you use? i use wine 1.3.27 and the catalyst 11.8

have you installed the directx 11 dll files in winetricks ?