Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...4#post14237144

i post this tropic in the hon forum to!

Ill try wine version today and give some reports.

I have desktop with NVidia graphics GTX275, i7-920 and have freezes at start game for 5-10 sec when opened internet browser, sometimes it freeze all platform and need hard reset. But in game no regression fps.
    On laptop i have Radeon Mobility 5650, i3-370 and have regression fps, with wine i have shadows artifacts, in mswindos in 2 times better fps

PS: GPU accelerated applications = problem with other direct rendered applications?!

Quote Originally Posted by konkor View Post
    I have desktop with NVidia graphics GTX275, i7-920 and have freezes at start game for 5-10 sec when opened internet browser, sometimes it freeze all platform and need hard reset. But in game no regression fps.
    On laptop i have Radeon Mobility 5650, i3-370 and have regression fps, with wine i have shadows artifacts, in mswindos in 2 times better fps
    i do not have shadow artifacts... my windows clind run perfect in wine... try to turn of stuff like "AI" in the CCC...

the 2 times better fps isn't windows its the windows clind i do have 2 time better fps in wine with the windows clind on linux.

its just the OpenGL clind! the OpenGL renderer is broken by design! '

Quote Originally Posted by konkor View Post
    PS: GPU accelerated applications = problem with other direct rendered applications?!
    yes i do have massiv mouse input lag if i use firefox gpu acceleration or flash gpu acceleration if you turn of this stuff it runs better!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...4#post14237144

i post this tropic in the hon forum to!
    LOL they delete my forum post... shame on you heroes of newerth team!

if you write the true thats the hon linux clind is a joke then you will be pawnd!

edit :

"qaridarium, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

they delete my rights to write in there linux/support forum LOL
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 09-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.

That thread was deleted because it isn't a support question. It was essentially an antagonistic post.
    That kind of thing is meant for in GD or suggestions (ie improve the ogl renderer)

hi i benchmark the nativ linux clind vs the windows clind in wine.

nativ linux clind=29fps
    windows clind in wine=64fps..

even the graphic are much more advance in the windows clind in wine!

Shame on you "Linux-nativ-Support"
    posting in the techsupport section is meant for if/when you require actual support because something your end isn't working and something your end can't be tweaked. NOTHING your end will change the renderer implementation and thus since such a thread doesn't belong in tech it was deleted

so how about posting that topic in GD rather than being a dick and fucking around in the techsupport section, a section&topic only you would have been able to reply to :arma:

Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    That thread was deleted because it isn't a support question. It was essentially an antagonistic post.
    That kind of thing is meant for in GD or suggestions (ie improve the ogl renderer)

posting in the techsupport section is meant for if/when you require actual support because something your end isn't working and something your end can't be tweaked. NOTHING your end will change the renderer implementation and thus since such a thread doesn't belong in tech it was deleted

so how about posting that topic in GD rather than being a dick and fucking around in the techsupport section, a section&topic only you would have been able to reply to :arma:
    the tech support forum was the right place because: its the solution for ALL linux clind problems.
    and ths solution is: just drop the linux clind if the windows clind in wine works better.
    thats not anti linux thats a pro linux statement!
    its anti linux to suggest an bad linux solution!
    i proof it! not LINUX is the bad its the HON-linux-Clind !
    and no its not an OpenGL problem! because wine translate the directX into OpenGL!
    its the proof that the hon-linux-clind is just bad!
    my point is simple: drop the Linux clind or make sure it brings the same good result as the windows clind in wine!

a nativ linux clind is a lie if it brings only a worst result and makes the Linux feeling bad!
    It was essentially an antagonistic post
    telling the true is not a antagonistic post!
    you are a liar if you telling this to me.

telling the true about the nativ linux clind support is not a suggestion!
    maybe telling to drop the linux clind is a suggestion.
    but i do not tell to drop the linux clind.

"posting in the techsupport section is meant for if/when you require actual support because something your end isn't working and something your end can't be tweaked."
    LOL what isn't working? the linux-nativ-clind isn't working because: it brings not the same good result as the windows clind the windows clind brings better graphic and more than double fps speed!

so how about posting that topic in GD rather than being a dick and fucking around in the techsupport section
    in my point of view its not a suggestion its a technical statement!

except there is ZERO what techsupport can do to improve it, thus it does not belong in the techsupport forum.
    you can't have any dissussion there since it is between tech and the OP only.
    A technical statement with no client-side, user-instigated fix.
    and as such your point of view is flawed

open the thread in GD

except there is ZERO what techsupport can do to improve it,
    sure they can !
    They can tell every single linux-customer to use the windows clind in wine! because they are unable to dev a completive openGL-nativ-linux-clind.

thus it does not belong in the techsupport forum.
    you can't have any dissussion there since it is between tech and the OP only.
    A technical statement with no client-side, user-instigated fix.
    and as such your point of view is flawed
    open the thread in GD
    don't worry they already get the message.

and if you are fight against incapable and incompetence any words are useless.

I get 42fps with my radeon 6670 1GB + Q9450 and 8GB ddr2
    the fps drops to 29fps with FF running

linux native with fglrx
    2048x1536 all AA/AF settings maxed out in amdcccle (in game says no AA so not sure about that)

Performance seems reasonable to me
    Last edited by Soul_keeper; 09-04-2011 at 11:08 PM.