Heroes of Newerth performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmaker View Post
    So, i managed to get some time for testing (you know what i mean, right ) and have to confirm that HoN with 12.9 driver runs a LOT better (50% boost in performance, higher lowest framerates, smaller framedrops in teamfights) while using AMD A8 APU.
    I've noticed a nice performance boost too, however mainly due to the recent HoN client update, still running Catalyst 12.8

Comment

Help me to solve this bug out and do ATi Linux driver a little better once again

Comment

I want to report about performance drop. I haven't played for a while so i can't say when regression started. Now I am using catalyst 12.11. FPS drops from 60 to 30 and to <20 in team fight. I tried to downgrade to catalyst 12.9 and to use openbox instead of compiz but it doesn't help. HoN is unplayable on my laptop again. Looks like now it is not catalyst fault.

Comment

you not aware of the performance hit that recent ati drivers have?

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
            you not aware of the performance hit that recent ati drivers have?
            I don't get what you mean

Comment

with nvidia its ok

hi i use nvidia card and the performance is ok.
              for linux gaming i recomend nvidia card..

Comment

Even after i set "vid_drawParticleSystems 0" performance doesn't go up. How is this possible? I completely disable all visual effects and still get the same performance! Who can explain why is this happening and how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick3y View Post
                  Finally I am able to run HoN with acceptable fps. Sure not as good as with directx rendering, but much better then before. Now I am using catalyst 12.9 beta.
                  I have a RadeonD 4250 (mobo embedded) and with the new driver catalyst 13.1 Legacy the FPS in HON gets better specialy in the all team fight

Comment

Working...
                  X