Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

Hey guys i've the exact same problem. Which is random fps drop although it happens only in this game (hon) it never happens in LoL or any other application also ive noticed that when i put vsync on its always stable at 60 in LoL while it can randomly drop at 59 / 58 / 30 in hon randomly. Can someone tell me how to fix it plz?

Just disable a VSync. Very short description how VSync works: If FPS is more than VSync value (mostly 60) it will be reduced to this value, so 60 in our example. When FPS is less than 60 eg. 50, it will be reduced to 30 FPS. VSync is good option only when You are sure that Your system will allow You to get more FPS than Your refresh rate value is, but if Your avarage FPS without VSync enabled is close to Your refresh rate value You shouldn't enable VSync.

Word is some nice performance boost coming and not just from ogl improvements
    talking about outperforming windows

Quote Originally Posted by Mick3y View Post
    Same perfomance with latest catalyst 12.6. Who should fix this? S2 or AMD?
    Finally I am able to run HoN with acceptable fps. Sure not as good as with directx rendering, but much better then before. Now I am using catalyst 12.9 beta.

Numbers and specs please?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    Numbers and specs please?
    I have hp laptop with 1st gen core i3 cpu, amd 6370m video and 6GB of ram. Now HoN running on mid settings near 60 fps and its never drops below 30 even in huge team fights. HoN was completely unplayable with my video card until catalyst 12.9 beta release.

So, i managed to get some time for testing (you know what i mean, right ) and have to confirm that HoN with 12.9 driver runs a LOT better (50% boost in performance, higher lowest framerates, smaller framedrops in teamfights) while using AMD A8 APU.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    So, i managed to get some time for testing (you know what i mean, right ) and have to confirm that HoN with 12.9 driver runs a LOT better (50% boost in performance, higher lowest framerates, smaller framedrops in teamfights) while using AMD A8 APU.
    I've noticed a nice performance boost too, however mainly due to the recent HoN client update, still running Catalyst 12.8

Help me to solve this bug out and do ATi Linux driver a little better once again

I want to report about performance drop. I haven't played for a while so i can't say when regression started. Now I am using catalyst 12.11. FPS drops from 60 to 30 and to <20 in team fight. I tried to downgrade to catalyst 12.9 and to use openbox instead of compiz but it doesn't help. HoN is unplayable on my laptop again. Looks like now it is not catalyst fault.