Clear All

Originally posted by Naib View Post
    That is prob because flash tries to access the gpu

this is why HoNTV when it is avail for linux will be handy
    You're replying to a "user" who copied Qaridarium's post on the first page

Comment

?Problem solved?

Hi to all!

Yesterday, I did my periodic check on this issue, Heroes of Newerth + fglrx + Radeon 4670 performance.

I found that the game is playable again. I somewhat left the game aside for some time, so perhaps it is a bit of placebo effect, but I think the problem is solved.

Here are the versions I am using:
      • Heroes of Newerth 2.5 ( Latest )
      • Fglrx 11-11
      • System Debian SID x64 updated ( Kernel 3.1 )

?Any confirmation?

Comment

Linux 3.0.0, catalyst 11.11 .. still sh*tty performance

Comment

I have same performance issue with opengl on both windows and linux. With opengl on lowest possible settings i have about 30 fps in game and its drops below 20 in teamfights but with directx on mid/high settings i have about 50-80 fps and it is never drops below 30 even in teamfights. I am using hp 630 laptop with core i3 cpu and amd 6370m card with latest catalyst driver.

Comment

Perf with Nvidia GTX560TI

I run Hon near 59-60 Fps.
            All graphic option to the max. antialiasing 32x,...
            Ubuntu 10.4 AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor , 8Go Mem DDR3.
            Kernel 2.6.32

Comment

Originally posted by Ungweliante View Post
              On the other hand, AMD free driver strategy seems to be working. When Squeeze was released, I tried their free radeon driver with a mesa version I got from the experimental repo (?maybe 7.9?) and I was able to run the game!! It had some small problems, mainly the character and enemies were missing, but everything else was rendered correctly and fast enough.
              I have much better experience with OS drivers. Native UT2k4 isn't playable with catalyst, because it lags terribly, but it works nearly perfect with Open Source radeon drivers. It's just a bit too slow on some maps, but there's no lag.

Comment

Working fine with 12.6 beta, all eye candy on, can anyone else confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                  Working fine with 12.6 beta, all eye candy on, can anyone else confirm?
                  Are you saying your framerate deficit is fixed? Would you mind reporting your system profile, including distro?

Comment

AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, spankin' new HD7770, openSUSE 12.1 64bit.
                    1440x900 windowed, all settings on high, all extras on, lowest I've seen was 55 fps (though I only messed around in Practice Mode).
                    Scrolling is smoother than with 12.4 and no artifact.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                      AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, spankin' new HD7770, openSUSE 12.1 64bit.
                      1440x900 windowed, all settings on high, all extras on, lowest I've seen was 55 fps (though I only messed around in Practice Mode).
                      Scrolling is smoother than with 12.4 and no artifact.
                      Ok. So I'm trying to troubleshoot your situation and figure this out; let me ask some more questions --

1) Is the card you have now the same card you had fps problems on?

2) If the hd7770 card is new, what was the old card, if any?

3) If this is a new card, what was it that made you think that the driver fps problem was solved rather than it being the new hardware?

Comment

Working...
                      X