Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    blahblahblah
    to much mad to be of any real relevance.
    your inability to comprehend didn't help either.

RE-read what I wrote

#1 It is the OGL renderer that has the issue. The windows client can also use OGL and it also has performance issues THUS the root-cause of the problem isn't the linux client BUT the common ogl renderer
    #2 doesn't change the fact that post you posted, results being "true" or not. did not belong in the techsupport subforum

stop being a mad feeder and learn to use forums.
    repost it in the bugs section

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
      to much mad to be of any real relevance.
      your inability to comprehend didn't help either.

RE-read what I wrote

#1 It is the OGL renderer that has the issue. The windows client can also use OGL and it also has performance issues THUS the root-cause of the problem isn't the linux client BUT the common ogl renderer
      #2 doesn't change the fact that post you posted, results being "true" or not. did not belong in the techsupport subforum

stop being a mad feeder and learn to use forums.
      repost it in the bugs section
      ad #1 I don't know if you're talking about OpenGL as a whole or just the usage of the OpenGL in HoN. Because if it is the first one, then I must disagree. Best example is Q3. On every config I played the game, the linux version was always faster and smoother.

As for the guy saying to play on windows client using wine when you have a native version... You are a windows troll. Every true linux user is just happy that has a native program and doesnt complain if it is a little buggy or slower than the other versions.

Comment

what kind of wine version do you use? i use wine 1.3.27 and the catalyst 11.8
        im using same versions.
        but i dont complain anyway. native version of HoN works without any problems for me. so its quite useless to even start tweaking wine for HoN.

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
          ad #1 I don't know if you're talking about OpenGL as a whole or just the usage of the OpenGL in HoN. Because if it is the first one, then I must disagree. Best example is Q3. On every config I played the game, the linux version was always faster and smoother.

As for the guy saying to play on windows client using wine when you have a native version... You are a windows troll. Every true linux user is just happy that has a native program and doesnt complain if it is a little buggy or slower than the other versions.
          Like I stated,

That kind of thing is meant for in GD or suggestions (ie improve the ogl renderer)
          s2 know their utilisation of ogl is very poor (it spends too much time managing textures eating resources - effects win as well since common gfx engine).
          only recently has the ogl renderer been looked at with very high water quality, something windows-dx cant reliably do at the moment.

WTF is it with people and reading comprehension.
          twice I have stated it is todo with their utilisation and now you come along with obvious educational shortcomings and derp all over this just to make a point, a point which is lost

I am fully aware of what an OGL game written correctly can do and I am fully aware of what part of S2's HoN utilization is suffering

Comment

try out the windows clind in wine you will get 70fps---
            I havn't had wine installed on a system in over 5yrs
            I've got no need to run windows software anymore

Comment

i only do this to search the source of the problem.

and the result is: its not OPENGL ITS NOT OPENGL!
              because wine translate the directX into OPENGL!
              its the HON-OpenGL-engine.

in my point of view the S2-games-devs fail to use FBO buffer opjects instead of pbuffer and the s2games-devs fail to use shader3 instead of shader2.

and amd do not make optimations for pbuffer in the catalyst anymore because its obsolete.

if you use WINE the directX code is translated into a modern OpenGL3.2 FBO buffer OpenGL code

and because of this the game runs so fast on amd systems in wine.
              Ha, nice research Q!

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
                WTF is it with people and reading comprehension.
                twice I have stated it is todo with their utilisation and now you come along with obvious educational shortcomings and derp all over this just to make a point, a point which is lost

I am fully aware of what an OGL game written correctly can do and I am fully aware of what part of S2's HoN utilization is suffering
                I don't follow this thread regullary, so I didn't read your ealier posts. Don't jump on me. My reading and understanding is pretty good :P

Too bad, that S2 don't polish their linux client. As I remember correctly they promised OpenGL and linux client optimisations for Savage2, but that never happened. So when they took K2 engine from Savage2 and modified it to HoN K2 engine it inherited all the flaws :/

Anyway as I stated before, we have a working native HoN with acceptable performance. Why should we care for anything more?

Comment

if a 3,8ghz PhenomII makes 29fps can you imagine how bad the engine run on slower computers like a notebook?
                  Though not at netbook levels, my s939 system (with HD4670 PCI-E) gets the same average FPS result regardless of quality settings.
                  So performance isn't horrible, but still doesn't seem to scale with CPU power.

Comment

There is (or at least was) a command line option to use the OpenGL rendering on Windows.

I remember trying it a while ago and it ran like crap. There was a thread about it on the HoN forum but I think they deleted it.

Comment

Doesn't this game force a target framerate of 30. It should fluctuate between 25ish and 35ish but instead it's putting a limit on top end and allowing the low end to sink to 15.

Comment

Working...
                      X