No announcement yet.

Heroes of Newerth performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im pretty much impressed how much discussion about HoN performance is advancing. So, for some resume of the problem:
    • It happens since Catalyst 10.5
    • Its just HD4xxx cards issue (or anyone experiencing problem on older/newer GPUs?)
    • The OpenGL engine is slower, but not as slow to make game run below playable framerate on these GPUs (i can confirm that as i tried it like 2 months ago on slower nvidia GPU and played the game with all maxed and some antialiasing)

Bridgman? Any comment from AMD side?

PS: Thanks for everyones comment as this bug got enough publicity to get noticed by AMD. Thats exactly what i wanted.

Comment

Can someone update the bug ticket with latest info ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        link to the bug ticket ?
        ... is on the first page of the thread... You know... That bug ticket you added a comment to on the 28th of august

Comment

Originally posted by Schmaker View Post
          PS: Thanks for everyones comment as this bug got enough publicity to get noticed by AMD. Thats exactly what i wanted.
          Better yet: thanks to everyone who provided worthwhile info, for a change That's most probably what AMD wanted. Well, that and informative bug tickets.

Comment

What doing some benchmarks on PTS? I dont have idea how to create module for PTS, but if someone else do, it would give much better informations for AMD developers i guess. Propably Michael could add HoN profile to benchmarks as well.

Comment

I have the same performance problem on my ATI mobility radeon 3470 (catalyst 11.10).

Comment

The performance regression started in 10.5 fglrx. I think we need to make a phoronix test suite module for testing...

Comment

Insalled fglrx and tried to run it, got this:
                  K2 - Fatal Error: ARB_vertex_buffer_object not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
                    Insalled fglrx and tried to run it, got this:
                    K2 - Fatal Error: ARB_vertex_buffer_object not available.
                    Fixed above error with newer build script.

Comment

That is prob because flash tries to access the gpu

this is why HoNTV when it is avail for linux will be handy

Comment

Working...
                      X