Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GIMP Release Has Working Single-Window Mode

Phoronix: New GIMP Release Has Working Single-Window Mode

For those that have long sought after a single-window mode for the GIMP graphics application, the wait is over. The GIMP 2.7.3 development snapshot and it finally has a working single-window mode...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When I hear news about GEGL and Gimp I recall Duke Nukem for some reason.

Comment

Screenshot for those interested:

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Finally... the old multiple document interface is a pain in the azz when you are used to open multiple documents.

Comment

Good.

This is good news. Now all they need to do is change their name to something non-derogatory, and I might actually recommend it to someone!

Comment

or you could just choose one of the non-derogatory meanings for the existing name. Try to expand your mind just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
              This is good news. Now all they need to do is change their name to something non-derogatory, and I might actually recommend it to someone!
              Ok. What's derogatory about gimp?

Comment

If anyone do wonder, there is apparently some Windows binaries over here: http://partha.com/

Comment

1. Enter Sinlge Winodw mode
                  2. Enter "Maximized mode", also known as fullscreen
                  3. Create new image
                  Enjoy the window warping........ *grumbles*

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                    Ok. What's derogatory about gimp?
                    Seriously?
                    There are two definitions for gimp that existed when they picked the name for the project.

1. US & Canadian offensive slang a physically disabled person, esp one who is lame
                    2. Slang a sexual fetishist who likes to be dominated and who dresses in a leather or rubber body suit with mask, zips, and chains
                    Definition, Synonyms, Translations of gimp by The Free Dictionary

So yeah, that's why I think it is a bad name for a program that isn't about S&M or gimping people.

Comment

Working...
                    X