Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also have a mobility x1400.
    after a few tries i got it working.

on a fresh install of gutsy, after i installed and configured the ati driver. i checked my xorg.conf and found composite = 0 and no AIGLX section. when i added the AIGLX section it screwed the driver up.

try setting composite to 1 and removing the AIGLX section. and you said you have the whitelisting done, so that should be it.

this worked for me. hope it helps.

Comment

I removed the AIGLX section and get the same issue as before. You're saying that you had this exact issue with a clean install, took out the AIGLX section and now things are working?

Comment

I'm missing the title bars on windows in Kubuntu
        Anyone with ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by sastraxi View Post
          I removed the AIGLX section and get the same issue as before. You're saying that you had this exact issue with a clean install, took out the AIGLX section and now things are working?
          Yep. It's really weird actually. Its actually random though I think. On previous installs, I had to manually set Composite to 1 and remove the AIGLX section b/c it caused graphic corruption and on boot would make me reconfigure my display.

Last night however, I was curious if the drivers finally released on the ATI site were any different. So I restored my xorg.conf from a backup, downloaded and installed the drivers from the site and neither the AIGLX section nor the composite section are in my xorg.conf and compiz is working fine. Minus the firefox stuff and flickering video.

You might try removing the driver all together. restoring your xorg.conf. And then reinstalling. I backtracked so many times -_-

Comment

Hmm. I think I might just do a clean install in a couple days; try out the KDE4 release candidate and such in the process. Thanks for your insights.

Comment

I'm having the same issues with the "No 8 bit GLX pixmap format..." output. I've also noticed that when using the Glide animations for opening and closing windows, they tend to glitch and go black for a moment.

Comment

turn off the opengloverlay in xorg.conf

Section "Device"
                Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"

Comment

Working...
                X