Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.42.3 Driver Released -- The Baby Is Born!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
    I get the same error as SteviOS(fglrxinfo reports Mesa)
    I used the GUI installation for the driver.

So I tried what Michael mentioned(using the package builder), and here is what I get: ( I'm on Mandriva2008)
    Try moving the file into your home directory or something and then try it. It seems like it can't find the file when trying to generate the distro specific package.

Slacker: try using /usr/lib32 as your path and see if something comes out of that.

Comment

same ugly problem here...on ubuntu 7.10 64bit: ;___;
      dh_install -pxorg-driver-fglrx "usr/X11R6/lib/*.so*" "usr/lib32"
      dh_install -pxorg-driver-fglrx "usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri" "usr/lib32"
      cp: cannot stat `./usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri': No such file or directory
      dh_install: command returned error code 256
      make: *** [binary] Error 1
      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.y15573

Comment

?? sorry about stupid guestion, but is there coming or how should i do to get this version of driver on openSUSE 10.2 or 10.3?

Comment

slacker try running this

Code:
          compiz.real --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp --indirect-rendering
          this is the command that my 'fusion-icon' program decided to run for me, I had the same error that you are experiencing.

running this sorted it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            You need to enable Option "TexturedVideo" "True" for X-Video
            thx to Uchikoma and Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
              Slacker: try using /usr/lib32 as your path and see if something comes out of that.
              mikko@gentoo ~ $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32 compiz --replace gconf &
              [1] 25702

mikko@gentoo ~ $ compiz (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing

Btw, is this good?
              mikko@gentoo ~ $ glxinfo | grep GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
              GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
              GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Comment

fwiw -- I also had a case of the white screen issue upon first try.

I checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and found that AIGLX was trying to initialize an old copy of fglrx_dri.so, which was located in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so

I copied the new version (which the ati installed installed in /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so) over the one in the old location, and now compiz starts up with no white screen.

I noticed that scrolling in firefox and my terminal are both pretty slow, but cube spinning performance is lightning quick. Anyone else experience slow scrolling?

Comment

Unfortunately I got the same problem when enabling AIGLX on Ubuntu 7.10 on a laptop containing a x1600 Mobility Radeon (GLX_ext_texture_from_pixmap extension missing).

Output is :
                  julien@julien-a100:~$ compiz.real --indirect-rendering --replace
                  compiz.real (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
                  compiz.real (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
                  compiz.real (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0

Any clue? The LD_PRELOAD trick does not seems to work either, and seems related to XGL...

EDIT: my xorg.conf file lists GLX_ext_texture_from_pixmap as an available extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrylic View Post
                    same ugly problem here...on ubuntu 7.10 64bit: ;___;
                    I think I know why now...under 64 bit, the lib directory is instead either lib32 or lib64 perhaps.

...maybe that's the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by ares View Post
                      slacker try running this

Code:
                      compiz.real --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp --indirect-rendering
                      compiz.real: command not found.

tried without "real" too: same error

Anyone else on gentoo amd64 managed to do this?
                      Maybe I just forgot something...

Comment

Working...
                      X