Linux Popularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Popularity

Hey guys, I bet you are all like me and look at several sites on the net for PC news. If so check out www.anandtech.com and please email some of their staff to renew their linux section. The last article there was in 2005!

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
    Hey guys, I bet you are all like me and look at several sites on the net for PC news. If so check out www.anandtech.com and please email some of their staff to renew their linux section. The last article there was in 2005!
    what for? all they seem to be able to do is installing windows + their usual collection
    of more or less useless benchmark "tools".
    As long as those tools aren't ported to linux
    I doubt they're going to get a kick out of doing
    linux reviews.

Why don'T you post an ad for Phoronix in the anandtech forums?

Comment

what for? all they seem to be able to do is installing windows + their usual collection
      it's harder to cheat with benchmarks on linux :]

Comment

How about just use Phoronix for your linux news.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
          linux reviews.

Why don'T you post an ad for Phoronix in the anandtech forums?
          I have to agree that quality at the Anandtech is pretty low. But I can understand their lack of Linux articles because it seems like only ID and Epic are releasing games for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
            I have to agree that quality at the Anandtech is pretty low. But I can understand their lack of Linux articles because it seems like only ID and Epic are releasing games for Linux.
            The biggest problem with an email campaign of any kind is that it's usually ignored. They go off of other things- and if they don't think/see a Linux enthusiast base large enough to matter to their advertisers, they're just not going to bother all that much.

Right now, I'm just glad we have LinuxGames and Phoronix around right at the moment...

Comment

hi.................

Comment

The one thing anandtech was really good for was enterprise benching. Something PTS is not setup for.... yet.

Comment

Anandtech does not meet my news needs. I can learn more talking with you guys.
                  Linux Popularity. Redhat is currently supporting way over 12 million installs.
                  Ubuntu I have no numbers on them but my best guess is they probably have well over 30 million installs.

Comment

Anandtech caters to a completely different audience, and I bet most people there don't care or want to know about Linux. Anandtech is much worse off for that, and it would be more sad if it weren't for the fact that they have created this audience themselves. I don't think there is anything lost by Anandtech not covering anything regarding Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X