No announcement yet.

Linux Popularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to check your math pal....
    (13000000/1.2%)*100% = 1.083 billion, not 1.3.
    ($30/1.2%)*(100-1.2=98.8)% = $2470, not $1000000. Note though that this is fedora vs the world and not the world vs MS, which would be more along the lines of $30:$120 or so. What is MS's current share anyways? Gotta be down to around 80% by now, mid 80's at the highest and steadily declining.

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
    So wouldnt that mean that there are around 1,274,000,000 PC's that dont run Linux? So like 1.3 Billion?? WOW THAT IS A LOT of PC's... Kind of makes 13 mill look small... Like me saying i make $30 an hour but david letterman saying he makes a $1,000,000.00 an Hour. LOL

Well I guess we are only talking fedora here but you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by lbcoder View Post
      You might want to check your math pal....
      (13000000/1.2%)*100% = 1.083 billion, not 1.3.
      ($30/1.2%)*(100-1.2=98.8)% = $2470, not $1000000. Note though that this is fedora vs the world and not the world vs MS, which would be more along the lines of $30:$120 or so. What is MS's current share anyways? Gotta be down to around 80% by now, mid 80's at the highest and steadily declining.
      Well in December they were at 89.6% which is really closer to 90% not mid 80's but may have dropped (I doubt much) which is a lot... I rounded with the math didnt know I needed to be so exact. Wish support for 3d in linux was so exact

Believe it or not we are on the same side. I like linux, has awesome performance and abilities. But, crap for app support (minus open source stuff of course, but I am doubting Starcraft 2 or any other game I play is going that way) and crap for current hardware support (my opinion and talking 3d)
      Its great if you want to program, email, surf web stuff like that yeah, but I wanna game. Keep in mind the gaming industry is much bigger than the Movie industry so we are talking big....

Anyway, I am dying to try out KDE 4.2 with all the cool effects and I have plenty of hardware to throw at it but cant until the software works.... sigh...

Comment

"Anandtech is just a right wing political site that has some technology benchmarks on the side. Just about every news post or article that they run has something to do with big government or slanted articles about taxes. Its really sad, I used to go there for technology news, but ever since I have noticed that their articles/reviews have around 50 comments each and their news articles have around 300+ about gun rights, or evil Obama wanting to tax you.
        I am not saying that people shouldn't express their views about this crap, but why does it have to be on tech sites. Is Fox news + blogs not enough?"

-----------------------
        Uh say what? To much coffee? What a stupid post. I never got that impression from Anandtech at all. and another thing, no offense bud, but 99% or the sites, news organizations and media is Left Wing slanted. Most of them worship Obama no matter what he does (good or bad) so please lay off the complaints.. I hear enough about "Fox" the "Evil" "Biased" News Organization lol.... Most comments come from those who never watched Fox but love left wing talking points.
        In my opinion Anandtech and Toms are the two main tech sites I go to. Toms being the lesser of the two...

The moral of the story is, relax Mr. Lefty you have 90%+ of the media out there sipping your cool aid. Isnt that enough

Comment

I haven't noticed anything politics related at all on AnandTech, but I guess the 'they're out to get me' mindset will make you see things everywhere.

For the record I support the 2nd amendment and wouldn't exactly be frothing at the mouth if the editors of AnandTech hinted they did as well but I have noticed no politics theme whatsoever there.

Then again I only read the articles, rarely the blogs.

Comment

I agree. Then again I guess some people have to find something to complain about. LOL

Maybe he should look into getting a pet? Take his mind off things...

Comment

Working...
            X