Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 285.03 (beta) for Linux x86/x86_64 released

Release highlights:
    • Fixed a bug causing corruption of images which are 2047 pixels wide.
    • Improved performance of the RENDER extension on Fermi-based GPUs.
    • Fixed a bug causing the X server to crash after a VT-switch while running an OpenGL stereo application which is a member of a swap group.

Not mentioned:
    • OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 285.03

32-bit / 64-bit on the site

also see the README

not yet on FTP

is it just me or the drivers got bigger and bigger since 27x.xx ?

also, zander from nVidia on Fermi overclocking:
    It wasn't so much a policy decision, it was more a question of picking battles.

FERMI GPUs are very complex, with elaborate clock trees and memory interfaces (e.g. GDDR5, EDC, ECC, etc.). The NV-CONTROL overclocking interface, on the other hand, is quite naive. In order to properly support clock manipulation on FERMI and newer GPUs, a fair amount of work will need to be done in at least the X driver, NV-CONTROL and nvidia-settings to overhaul the overclocking infrastructure. I believe on Windows, a lot of this type of functionality was moved outside of the driver for that reason.

We do have a bug tracking this RFE internally, and I expect we'll get to it eventually. But given ever-increasing hardware/software complexity, general driver quality concerns and other long-standing feature requests (such as the long-neglected RandR extension), it's hard to justify the effort for a small subset of the NVIDIA Linux graphics driver user base at this time.
    Last edited by Licaon; 17 August 2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: quote
Working...
X