Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Of Steamworks On Linux

Phoronix: Photos Of Steamworks On Linux

For those not in Vancouver for LinuxCon North America 2011, here are exclusive photos of Steamworks on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ad-Block

The only reason I use Ad-Block is because I absolutely hate Flash-based advertising. If advertisers stopped using Flash then I'd stop blocking ads.

Comment

How to make everyone happy ?

Just google 'adblock download but don't display' and you'll find what you're looking for.

Comment

You wily bastard. I enjoyed the article.

Comment

Thanks for remainder to support the site.
          With AdBlock it is actually hard to see that your superscription expired.

Comment

Adblock needs to be improved

Adblock should be changed to allow blocking intrusive ads and allow the rest. That's the only way I see to improve the situation.

Comment

I much prefer this Steamworks to Valve's. And I don't even drink beer.

Comment

Steamworks is a gay sauna in Edinburgh...

I'm not sure if they run Linux though

Comment

FYI, I normally don't mind browsing without AdBlock until I visit Phoronix. The ads on this site are entirely out of control. They are very pervasive and annoying and they disrupt my experience quite a lot. Again, Phoronix is THE reason I use AdBlock. Please tone it down. I wouldn't mind a few ads here and there, but Phoronix is completely out of control. I understand that you want to make money, but you're only hurting yourself by including such terrible ads on this site. I would not mind seeing some reasonable amount of ads, and then you'd at least get something.

Comment

Originally posted by _kcj_
                    The only reason I use Ad-Block is because I absolutely hate Flash-based advertising. If advertisers stopped using Flash then I'd stop blocking ads.
                    +1. at least on Phoronix.

I'm using Firefox with Adblock and NoScript. If I disable Adblock, not much happens. If I enable Javascript for ad servers, the page gradually fills up with Flash ads.

I know they can serve image ads for iOS devices, at least.

The idea of whitelisting ad servers for Javascript is odious, but not as bad as the Flash ads which result.

Is there a way to allow image ads only, for Phoronix only? [FlashBlock, perhaps?]

I am considering a Premium subscription, however, which would make that moot....

Comment

Working...
                    X