Gallium3D Post-Processing, MLAA Nearly Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    I tried the r300g v2 patch on my RV530 but it crashes with: http://paste.ubuntu.com/678739/ .
    Strangely, however, pp_jimenezmlaa_color=8 and pp_celshade=1 works fine (but the first doesn't improve quality here):

default :

pp_jimenezmlaa_color=8 :

pp_celshade=1 :

Testing with openarena:
    default : ~ 105 fps
    pp_jimenezmlaa_color=8 : ~ 67 fps
    pp_celshade=1 : ~ 95 fps

Comment

Thanks for the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
        These AA techniques are evolving very fast: about MLAA: http://www.iryoku.com/mlaa/

SMAA: http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
        Note that SMAA builds on top of Jimenez's MLAA, and we improved the interface allowing easy porting across different platforms, so upgrading should be rather easy =)

Congratulations to Curaga for its excellent work!

Comment

I now have a r500 around - Mobility X1600. Based on quick testing of git r300g, none of the three MLAA options work properly: the userspace port, mesa depth, and mesa color.

None crash, but none improve quality either. I'm not sure if I should blame the driver or the hw; r500 _should_ be able to run things, but who knows if it can in practise.

OTOH, the color ones and cel shade work right.

Comment

The loop bug doesn't appear to affect r700 - on a hd4350 and today's master, everything works OOB.

Comment

The crash with pp_jimenezmlaa on my RV530 has been fixed with this commit:

Quality however still looks similar to the original.

Comment

While Michel fixed the crash, it uncovered a different bug where PP used an old depth buffer. I posted patches for that, but they haven't been merged yet.

Note, both of these (crash and depth buffer lapse) only affected the depth version. Since the color version doesn't work fully on r500 either, there's likely some bug in r300g. Shouldn't be in common code, since r600g, nouveau, softpipe, and llvmpipe all work.

The evergreen loop bug might be fixed by a commit some days ago, I haven't had a chance to test yet.

Comment

That last patch fixed it so I now have AA output whereas before I hadn't. The performance impact is really big though. 80% framedrop in glxgears and 60% in games. Too big burden for my puny Cedar maybe?

Comment

@tholin

Which patch, and which filter?

Comment

Using the jimenezmlaa_color filter. I guessed the depth buffer patch fix it but that had nothing to do with my problem. Turns out I only get the filter to work if mesa is compiled with --enable-shared-dricore and I didn't use that. The patch "Always build shared dricore" took care of that problem for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X