OpenCL Is Coming To The GIMP Via GEGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danwood76 View Post
    Geri its pure laziness that you dislike the GIMPs interface and nothing more.

I don't think the photoshop interface is a standard at all and either way all programs should have their own look and feel otherwise they are just clones of each other, which the GIMP is not! IMO the GIMP is better than photoshop and perfect for the average persons needs.
    Exactly. I have used photoshop since about version 4 up to CS3. Now I only use Gimp since it has pretty much all the same functions that photoshop has. The only excpetions, in my case, are free transform (the transform tools in gimp are awful) and 16-bit channel support. The only thing needed to change from one to the other is finding out where the things you need are and what they are called (usually not that different). The interface is also a lot nicer in photoshop, but not because it has a single window, but because it's just more tidy and organized. Either way, these little things aren't enough to justify buying a windows and a photoshop license in my opinion. Maybe for some people they are, but I believe that expensive tools won't make a better artist out of you.

Comment

This forum needs more mods/admins. ^

Comment

Working...
      X