Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M2N32 WS-Pro - which video card?

Hi,

I just bought this board with an Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor, and wanted to run it with an Asus Nvidia 8500GT PCI-e video card under Linux (SLES10-SP1). Unfortunately I cannot get the driver for the video card to work - it complains about interrupts not being received by the kernel module. It is an ACPI problem, and I cannot fix this.

So I decided to return the video card, and choose a new one. Since my machine is going to be a server anyway, I do not need the high end but I would like it to work properly.

What cards are known to work properly with this board? I do have a preference for Nvidia, but this is not set in stone.

So, what do you guys recommend?

If at all possible do a BIOS and a kernel update first. The IRQ issues are either board or kernel related, and chances are that a newer kernel/BIOS have these issues fixed. It is most certainly NOT a problem with the GFX card.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have already the latest BIOS installed, and do not want to upgrade my kernel. Thanks for the tip though.

I have installed my ancient Matrox Millenium 8MB in the meantime, works like a charm :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ankerman View Post
        Unfortunately, I have already the latest BIOS installed, and do not want to upgrade my kernel. Thanks for the tip though.
        Then you might want to add a few parameters
        to the kernel commandline, for instance:
        "pci=nomsi" or
        "pci=nommconf" or
        "pci=noacpi"

I have installed my ancient Matrox Millenium 8MB in the meantime, works like a charm :-)
        Ah, a good piece of hw indeed

Comment

Then you might want to add a few parameters
          to the kernel commandline, for instance:
          "pci=nomsi" or
          "pci=nommconf" or
          "pci=noacpi"
          I did not try the nomsi and nommconf options, but pci=noacpi does not work at all (no SATA support anymore). noapic seems to work the best - al least I can use the video card, but I have no USB and ieee1394 subsystems anymore. And what's worse - with noapic it uses only one core of my processor. So all in all, I have already returned the card, and hope for success stories with other cards. At least the machine is able to be configured through ssh for the time being.

Comment

Working...
          X