Adobe Flash 11 Beta 2 Is More Stable, Faster On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Can you get an Archlinux test system too, please?
    Beause, no it isn't faster. It's still horrible as the beta 1. With horrible I mean, watching a low resolution video is not working fluently on an i5 480M@2,9GHz with HD 6550 on fglrx. Extreme tearing and large stutters. I think it renders everything in Software and draws everything to screen with no hardware acceleration whatsoever.

Makes me wonder whether it loads some libraries dynamically on your Ubuntu or whatever you test it on.
    No. You have severe driver issues and you need to complain to AMD, or buy an NVIDIA card, for that matter. I'm certain that Flash Player isn't working with acceleration here, because I have a GeForce 6150 with no VDPAU support, a processor that's less than half of yours (TurionX2 from almost 4 years ago) and I can play 720p video smoothly (with a small frame loss, no stuttering) with my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
      No. You have severe driver issues and you need to complain to AMD, or buy an NVIDIA card, for that matter. I'm certain that Flash Player isn't working with acceleration here, because I have a GeForce 6150 with no VDPAU support, a processor that's less than half of yours (TurionX2 from almost 4 years ago) and I can play 720p video smoothly (with a small frame loss, no stuttering) with my computer.
      It is software RENDERED, even with nvidia card in flash 11. http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...832#post222832

Comment

Originally posted by icek View Post
        No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running
        Same here, ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers, everything is very smooth and no tearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitmairen View Post
          Same here, ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers, everything is very smooth and no tearing.
          Which version of Flash?

Comment

RealNC

I jiggled my mouse really fast, just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
              Which version of Flash?
              Version 11.0.1.129, 64 bit.

Comment

Flash is like the Internet Explorer<7, and should be killed with fire.

I can use HTMLv5 to watch YouTube's non-Vevo shit and Soundcloud for music.

Think of all the pointless games and adds you'll be missing...

Comment

Can you get an Archlinux test system too, please?
                  Beause, no it isn't faster. It's still horrible as the beta 1. With horrible I mean, watching a low resolution video is not working fluently on an i5 480M@2,9GHz with HD 6550 on fglrx. Extreme tearing and large stutters. I think it renders everything in Software and draws everything to screen with no hardware acceleration whatsoever.

Makes me wonder whether it loads some libraries dynamically on your Ubuntu or whatever you test it on.
                  I'm running an [email protected] and the integrated intel ironlake graphics. I can watch 720p and 1080p video perfectly smoothly, no stuttering, no tearing. sounds like some sort of ati issue. I don't believe flash has any hardware acceleration on intel either... (only on nvidia). Running fine here.

I've run flash 11 on fedora 15 and on arch linux and they both worked the same.
                  Last edited by bwat47; 10 October 2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

With the final the tearing and extreme cpu usage issue disappeared, however it is still much too high for just playing a video.

Comment

With the final the tearing and extreme cpu usage issue disappeared, however it is still much too high for just playing a video.
                      And this is why:

"We are no longer supporting OverrideGpuValidation on Linux
                      Closing Not a Bug."

Comment

Working...
                      X