MPlayer2 Is Still Alive & Kicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jltyper View Post
    Mplayer2 is dead. Nothing new for 11 months now.
    AFAIK, mplayer1 had "nothing new" for several years. Both mplayer1 and mplayer2 are intended to be built from the SVN/Git source code. There are no releases.

Comment

Without vaapi support mplayer2 is not even born.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        AFAIK, mplayer1 had "nothing new" for several years. Both mplayer1 and mplayer2 are intended to be built from the SVN/Git source code. There are no releases.
        Fine, fine. So its just their homepage that's dead. Really not the most encouraging thing, but maybe they can still pull through with some mpeg-1, VA-API support.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Actually RealINC is right, I forgot to see the changelog.Debian.gz. This is what it says :-

Code:
          /usr/share/doc/mplayer2$ zcat changelog.Debian.gz | less

mplayer2-dmo (1:2.0~git20111203-0.2) unstable; urgency=low

* debian/control Added "Provides: mplayer".

-- Christian Marillat <[email protected]>  Wed, 07 Dec 2011 07:43:13 +0100

mplayer2-dmo (1:2.0~git20111203-0.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Must conflicts with mplayer packages who doesn't use alternative.

-- Christian Marillat <[email protected]>  Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:38:08 +0100

mplayer2-dmo (1:2.0~git20111203-0.0) unstable; urgency=low

* New git snapshot.
            * Add an alternative for mplayer.

-- Christian Marillat <[email protected]>  Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:55:10 +0100
          So actually he is right.

Kano, you would have to help me because I do not have any idea how this vcdxrip has to be used. I have a series in 7 VCD's which I want to rip and have everything integrated into 1 DVD, that would be cool. I have no idea how to do that.

Comment

Did you try running it without option when you have got a vcd in your drive? Look at "man vcdxrip" if you want to specify a differnet device name or enable verbose mode. it also can work with images.

Comment

Tried it but was unsuccessful. I am/was confused by the various options given in the info line. I just couldn't figure it out. Anyway now it doesn't matter for now I'm downloading the DVD version from some site.

About mplayer2 though, I did find some more interesting bits. See for e.g. :-

http://devel.mplayer2.org/browser/?order=date&desc=1 (as can be seen the last commit was just a day old, so cannot say its dead)

Also saw this :-

This website is for sale! mplayer2.org is your first and best source for information about mplayer2. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

It seems either these bugs became after the release or were there before but sooner or later s/he (una) does plan to fix things even though his/her e-mail and mailing lists are not working atm.

Comment

I use it all the time and have been for a while. mplayer1 jitters sometimes on vdpau.

I just think they should change the name and the config files to avoid confusion. I still use mencoder and mplayer1 on occasion. it's relatively very minor and not nearly as important as ordinary HD videos, but mplayer2 seems to occasionally stutter on some oddball videos when using vdpau, like 15fps videos, for example.

Comment

Working...
                X