Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version fglrx are people still running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.42: Err.... You'll need to wait to see the codename.
    "Have no fear - the bugs are here" edition

where's "i ditched fglrx for opensource drivers" poll option?

Comment

I would wear a "ATI fglrx" T-Shirt anyware I go if I'd have one You'll be back using fglrx this year, yoshi.

Comment

i would name it:
        8.42 - the answer to the fundamental question.
        (this is a little for an elite group)...
        ati had put a supercomputer to write the best driver ever and it took the supercomputer a loooot of time but in the end it came out with the answer.
        the only thing is that ati has forgotten the question so it had to build another supercomputer to compute the question.

Comment

Running 8.40.4 on an x1400 (Dell Inspiron) with Ubuntu 7.04.
          Xv, and Powerplay script to set it to lowest power-sucking mode, and DRI: yes

No problems with it at all. Zip. Zero.
          8.41 broke X for me, and I hope 8.42 becomes the awesome edition.

Comment

I'm running 8.40, 8.41 is too buggy and has no performance increment with my 9600

Comment

FGLRX 8.40.4 on OpenSuSE 10.3 atm. Same driver on 10.2 was rock solid, still as stable as ever on 10.3 once installed

BTW the CFS scheduler is pretty good, but it is probably better for SMP boxes... have an Athlon XP with 9800 Pro @ AGP 4x.

Comment

still as stable as ever on 10.3 once installed
                the 10.3 is the best suse release of the past years. i've had a look at it some days ago and i found it to be very stable and fast. the only thing that i haven't looked at is the external packages installation. but for all the other things i found it to be a very good distro.

Comment

You'll be back using fglrx this year, yoshi.
                  we'll see about that. keeping behind with x.org and kernel releases is something i simply cannot accept.

i don't even want to think about other issues at hand.

Comment

Kernel 2.6.23 support can be easily patched for some weeks now and Xorg 7.3 was always supported, you just needed -ignoreABI.

Comment

I used to install 8.40 myself, but since upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10, I just don't give a damn about it and uses the 8.37 one in Ubuntu Repository because there isn't any speed and functionality differences...

Comment

Working...
                      X