Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The first German-Turkish "Döner" Food Restaurant in the US:

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Good to know (about the sounds). I had to learn something similar when I was working in Korea. The core phoneme set there had one sound mid-way between our "R" and "L", and another sound mid-way between "B" and "P", so mixing up R/L and B/P when speaking English was very common since for a native speaker R and L are the same sound.
    After a while your brain starts to automatically do an on-the-fly "if hearing that sound as R doesn't make sense then try it with L instead" translation and everything suddenly starts to make sense, like sticking a babelfish in your ear. Of course this is easier with short sentences where the tree of possible interpretations is relatively small.
    its not only a translation problem "german" its a worst language for people like me.
    because:
    ö vs oe
    ä vs ae
    ü vs ue
    ß vs ss vs s vs zs vs sz
    Q vs KU or µ vs q
    C vs K (this only in some kind of words)
    it makes no sense!
    for an high rational logical person like me it makes no sence!

for me the German language is full of bullshit.

but only the modern german.. very old german is better example: Tier
    you speak it tHier and in old german you write Thier
    old german means 1900 and before.
    Old german means original "Arthur Schopenhauer" or Original "Friedrich Nietzsche"
    Schopenhauer write y instead of ie and he writes c instead of k (like the English language in parts the German language use K)
    means more old-scool Latin style.

Schopenhauer cursed the German notation and orthography because of complete brain death.

he Really cursed it !

""Erfüllt mit Indignation über die schändliche Verstümmelung der deutschen Sprache, welche, durch die Hände mehrerer Tausende schlechter Schriftsteller und urtheilsloser Menschen, seit einer Reihe von Jahren, mit eben so viel Eifer wie Unverstand, methodisch und con amore, betrieben wird, sehe ich mich zu folgender Erklärung genöthigt: Meinen Fluch über Jeden, der, bei künftigen Drucken meiner Werke, irgend etwas daran wissentlich ändert, sei es eine Periode, oder auch nur ein Wort, eine Silbe, ein Buchstabe, ein Interpunktionszeichen.""
    Arthur Schopenhauer

"I'm full of pain because the people write bullshit and hurt the german language and many bad and braindeath writers in many years with unwilling and the will to break the language with system because of this i now speak this curse i curse everyone how chance any sentence or a word or silb or a letter or a punctuation mark in my writings."

Yeah, people love "simplifying" languages :

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/timshenk/codes/meihem.html

Yeah, people love "simplifying" languages :

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/timshenk/codes/meihem.html
    LOL impressive writings!

very true!... our language is a lie!

and german is even more lie (ßöäü)

Q you should learn Finnish, everything is pronounced exactly as written :P

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to avoid

i don't think that there is anything in the animal kingdom that is not edible -especially after cooking it

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Q you should learn Finnish, everything is pronounced exactly as written :P
    i read similar from the Turkish language

I miss döner so much. I lived in Germany (near Bielefeld) for about 12 years. Döner kebab was my favorite fast food. I haven't had a döner for over 10 years now. And Qaridarium goes on and creates this stupid thread that reminded me of the world's best fast food which I can't have.

Screw you, man. You suck

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    I miss döner so much. I lived in Germany (near Bielefeld) for about 12 years. Döner kebab was my favorite fast food. I haven't had a döner for over 10 years now. And Qaridarium goes on and creates this stupid thread that reminded me of the world's best fast food which I can't have.

Screw you, man. You suck
    Dude, you are from Greece. Why are you complaining? You have Gyros, which is basically the same. And the meat used in Greece is most likely a lot more trustworthy than the industrial meat used in German Döner shops.

Agreed - it shouldn't be hard to convince a local Gyros vendors to repackage the way you like, even if you have to bring your own sauce for a while.

Heck, you could end up as the Doner Kebab King of Greece with a bit of initiative

Agreed - it shouldn't be hard to convince a local Gyros vendors to repackage the way you like, even if you have to bring your own sauce for a while.

Heck, you could end up as the Doner Kebab King of Greece with a bit of initiative
    For the XDC Wiki I was just looking up the address of the only place in Chicago where I've ever found authentic döner kebaps, but when doing this search, just found out this place has now went out of business... Damn. There's a heck of a lot of gyros though around Chicago (but I've never tried any of them to know if they're good or not) and at Oktoberfest I can have my döner.