Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME & KDE Developers Meet Over Beer In Berlin

Phoronix: GNOME & KDE Developers Meet Over Beer In Berlin

The 2011 Desktop Summit is coming to a close at Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. This was the second time that GNOME and KDE developers joined to host a Linux desktop summit of around 1,000 participants.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: GNOME & KDE Developers Meet Over Beer In Berlin

The 2011 Desktop Summit is coming to a close at Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. This was the second time that GNOME and KDE developers joined to host a Linux desktop summit of around 1,000 participants.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=16291
    Yes we already know that you are obsessed with Beer and German culture in general. And if you want to blog about Beer festivals and German culture that's fine. But please don't mislabel them as having anything to do with open source or Linux.

What a waste of time.

Comment

Who won the football / soccer match?
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
        Yes we already know that you are obsessed with Beer and German culture in general. And if you want to blog about Beer festivals and German culture that's fine. But please don't mislabel them as having anything to do with open source or Linux.

What a waste of time.
        Actually, the beer and culture were far more interesting - those people really need to learn how to party. It was quite dull. If I'd known that, I would have brought my fire gear along to liven things up a bit.
        Aside from that, there was no mislabeling - he put it on a second page, after covering the summit, after linking to the previous articles that covered some areas in more detail, and it was discussed in some other thread about benchmarking the beer, so it was of interest to some readers at least.

Comment

What a waste of time.
          And we know you have an irrational fear of it, so can we please move on?

Comment

Surely you are aware of the fact that the number two (Stiegl Zwickl) on your list of top-5 beers is actually not a German beer! Stiegl is an Austrian brewery located in Salzburg. So technically the "Reinheitsgebot" does not apply. Then again there is a very similar Austrian version to this law, so who cares

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
              Aside from that, there was no mislabeling - he put it on a second page, after covering the summit,
              The first page is nothing more than a copy-paste of the summit description from the summit website. And the second page is filled with some gibberish about a totally unrelated beer festival.

If I wanted to read about beer festivals, I would subscribe to a blog about beer festivals. What a joke, and waste of time.

Comment

The first page is nothing more than a copy-paste of the summit description from the summit website. And the second page is filled with some gibberish about a totally unrelated beer festival.

If I wanted to read about beer festivals, I would subscribe to a blog about beer festivals. What a joke, and waste of time.
                Yes, and he explicitly stated that it came from the summit website. And put the summary in italics. Maybe you wanted a link to the website?
                Also....well....you didn't have to read the beer festival section. You could have read the posts done during the event, which were linked to (why should he bother retyping any of that?). This post was more of a wrap-up, and if part of his time there was the beer festival, then he's free to write about it.
                Now, to be fair, I've made my own criticisms in the past, and I'm sure I'll have some in the future, but I don't see anything wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Who won the football / soccer match?
                  I also want to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X