Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Do you plan to port your mod to Linux?
    The mod was released with a Linux binary in 2009 we have just recently ported it to OSX.

Also there are now over 45 missions available including a 5 mission story series (Sotha's Thomas Porter Series) and a 3 mission campaign that was co-created by a Dark Mod developer (No Honor Among Thieves)... Veteran Thief 2 mission author Melan has 2 missions out that continue the story arc from his Thief missions. Finally, The Dark Mod's lead artist Springheel has just released his mission "A Score to Settle" after 3 years of work on it.
    Last edited by nbohr1more; 05 August 2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I recently purchased Doom3 + expension pack. It's an id software game and it's awesome. It's Doom but linear and slow walk speed, but the pure horror (a mix of American and Japanese horror, which is double scary), ability to run and nice graphics make up for it 100%. Don't bother with the demo; just get it with blind faith

I'm presonaly a big fan of Descent and read that there was a Descent mod for Doom 3... I hope it's still being developped...

Comment

an ID humble bundle would be cool

with last minute surprises: quake4 source code and id tech5 engine / rage getting clients sooner

Comment

It will be interesting to see the source, but there is no chance we port Alien Arena to it at this point. Our rendering has evolved signifigantly enough beyond idTech4 in many areas that it doesn't make sense. However there may be a few items that we poach from it, more or less the same way we did when idtech3 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
            It will be interesting to see the source, but there is no chance we port Alien Arena to it at this point. Our rendering has evolved signifigantly enough beyond idTech4 in many areas that it doesn't make sense. However there may be a few items that we poach from it, more or less the same way we did when idtech3 was released.
            You should poach their build system and ditch autotools.

Comment

Doom3 rocked. I finished it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                an ID humble bundle would be cool
                Except that makes no sense, because id is not an indie company by any possible definition of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  Doom3 rocked. I finished it several times.
                  "Several times"? I barely got through the game once before running out of diapers.

And I was playing on tampon mode.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                    Except that makes no sense, because id is not an indie company by any possible definition of the word.
                    Back 2 da rootz?

Comment

Indeed way to heavy for what you get. Prey is a modified Doom 3 engine game and it has waaaaay better performance with waaaay more lightning...

Comment

Working...
                      X