Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should Linux Gamers Expect From QuakeCon 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should Linux Gamers Expect From QuakeCon 2011?

Phoronix: What Should Linux Gamers Expect From QuakeCon 2011?

QuakeCon, the annual gaming event and massive LAN party hosted by id Software, is about to get started in Dallas, Texas and run through Sunday. At this free public event, there's usually a variety of interesting announcements made, some of which can impact Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Additionally, hopefully we will hear new details about the id Tech 5 game engine on Linux, which is what's used by the Rage game and also Doom 4. Additionally, hopefully we will hear new details about the id Tech 5 game engine on Linux, which is what's used by the Rage game and also Doom 4.
    Someone is excited about the id Tech 5 game engine on Linux, which is what's used by the Rage game and also Doom 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Credomane View Post
      Someone is excited about the id Tech 5 game engine on Linux, which is what's used by the Rage game and also Doom 4.
      I wonder if Micheal clicked the heals of his ruby slippers as he said it a third time to make it a reality.

Comment

I'm going to QuakeCon 2011 today!

Living in the Dallas area has its perks.

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
          I'm going to QuakeCon 2011 today!

Never mind, I changed my mind.

Comment

Yeah, but you have to live in Dallas to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
              Yeah, but you have to live in Dallas to do it.
              Hm? I don't live in Dallas per se, but close enough. There are plenty of suburbs, like Garland and Plano, that are nicer places to live but are close enough to drive or take a train into Dallas for things like this.

Comment

would like to go !

Comment

Hm? I don't live in Dallas per se, but close enough. There are plenty of suburbs, like Garland and Plano, that are nicer places to live but are close enough to drive or take a train into Dallas for things like this.
                  No no, I meant that the only thing wrong with living in Dallas is that you have to live in.... blargh. Joke killed.

*sigh* Texans.

(I'd not-so-secretly like to be attending QuakeCon myself. Can we get a live feed of Carmack's address anywhere?)

Comment

Just deleted.
                    Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 05 August 2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X