Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 280 Linux Driver Series Becomes Official

Phoronix: NVIDIA 280 Linux Driver Series Becomes Official

Following the 280.04 beta and 280.11 beta, NVIDIA has just made the 280 Linux driver series official with the certified release of the 280.13 build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't own any "Fermi" cards yet so can't check, but does this new driver fix the crippled OpenGL performance that has been reported? Thinking specifically of Blender here.

Comment

Alright!

Did I misread something here, or does the article say that the new NVIDIA driver offers new bugs?

The NVIDIA 280.13 driver offers support for new ASICs (the GeForce GTX 570M/580M), various GLX bugs, an X driver bug, new GLX protocol support, and various other fixes.

Comment

OpenCL1.1

the linux driver probably adds OpenCL 1.1 too, I got massive performance drops in luxmark

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
          Did I misread something here, or does the article say that the new NVIDIA driver offers new bugs?
          * Fixed a GLX bug that could cause the X server to crash when
          rendering a display list using GLX indirect rendering.

* Fixed a GLX bug that could cause a hang in applications that
          use X server grabs.

* Fixed an X driver bug that caused 16x8 stipple patterns to
          be rendered incorrectly.

Comment

Working...
          X