No announcement yet.

8.40.4 crash on X restart / 2.6.23.1 kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to uninstall fglrx completely. When you used the standard installer use:

/usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      You have to uninstall fglrx completely. When you used the standard installer use:

/usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh

I'm not using the installer since the fglrx.ko build fails unless the firegl_public.c code is first patched.

linuxhansl's note helped alot though. I down graded to 8.38.6 and rebuilt the module. Everything is working fine again -- no freeze on restarting of X and GL is accelerated.

I'll try 8.42 when it's released. By this point I've gotten really good at building everything from scratch

Thanks for your help, guys.

Matt

Comment

I am upgrading my distro to opensuse 10.3. I have other issue with the 2.6.23.1 kernel on my existing system. So I will see how that goes.

Also for the record my install does not appear to be entirely stable. on logoff x sometimes crash. If certain screen savers are active the system will lockup and require a hard reboot.

Comment

I have ubuntu 7.10 and fglrx 8.42. X crashes in my system too (I have a mobility 9700)
          this problem might be only related to our old hardware! is there a way to notify this to ati? or to have additional information (error messages)?

Comment

Working...
          X