Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affected by the bug: Yes
    Graphics card: radeon HD 5450
    Number of displays: 1 (using vga output)
    Distribution (name, version, architecture): Mandriva 2011 x86_64
    Desktop environment: KDE 4.6.5
    Compositing: On
    fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: 11.5, 11.6 and 11.7
    fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug: 11.4
    ATI Catalyst Control Center settings: Default, Tear free video enabled
    Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): Tried different DEs, happens on kdm too

Comment

Affected by the bug: Yes
      Graphics card: 45:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV790 [Radeon HD 4890 Series]
      Number of displays: 1
      Distribution (name, version, architecture): Gentoo, 2.6.35.13, x86_64
      Desktop environment: KDE
      Compositing: Off
      fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: x11-drivers/ati-drivers-11.6
      fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug:
      ATI Catalyst Control Center settings:
      Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): My mouse is connected to an integrated powered USB hub in my monitor. I just reconnect the mouse when it happens.
      Last edited by dinominant; 08 August 2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dinominant View Post
        Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): My mouse is connected to an integrated powered USB hub in my monitor. I just reconnect the mouse when it happens.
        That's interesting... And kinda unexpected... Can anyone else confirm?
        I do have issues myself when I run a LiveUSB, where I have to reconnect my mouse for the pointer to move at all, but it's all or nothing rather than limited to a portion of the screen, and in most cases the LiveUSB uses FOSS drivers anyway.
        Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 08 August 2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
          That's interesting... And kinda unexpected... Can anyone else confirm?
          I do have issues myself when I run a LiveUSB, where I have to reconnect my mouse for the pointer to move at all, but it's all or nothing rather than limited to a portion of the screen, and in most cases the LiveUSB uses FOSS drivers anyway.
          I tend to leave my system logged in for days at a time. My mouse will freeze and stop responding 1+ times per day but nothing else is affected. I simply unplug the mouse and reconnect it when it happens. Next time it happens I'll post any related entries in /var/log/messages.

If I am experiencing a different bug then I am not affected by the one in the first post.

Comment

Affected by the bug: Yes (whenever i move the mouse to the lower right corner)
            Graphics card: HD5770 1024MB
            Distribution (name, version, architecture): Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64)
            Desktop environment: Gnome
            Compositing: On and Off (No change)
            fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: 11.5 TO 11.7 (AMD'S website )
            fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug: 11.3 through 11.7 (from AMD's website)
            ATI Catalyst Control Center settings: Default
            Hardware Cursor Enabled: Yes.
            Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): Disabled Tear-Free (no help), and use composition free desktop (no help)

Comment

Originally posted by dinominant View Post
              I tend to leave my system logged in for days at a time. My mouse will freeze and stop responding 1+ times per day but nothing else is affected. I simply unplug the mouse and reconnect it when it happens. Next time it happens I'll post any related entries in /var/log/messages.

If I am experiencing a different bug then I am not affected by the one in the first post.
              I connected a USB drive to a hub that is connected to the hub that my mouse is connected (that hub is connected directly to my computer). I began transferring ~12GB to it and my mouse froze twice. Here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/iV7sk6E8

Comment

Affected by the bug: No
                Graphics card: HD4650
                Distribution (name, version, architecture): Ubuntu 11.04
                Desktop environment: Gnome
                Compositing: On
                fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: none
                fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug: all
                ATI Catalyst Control Center settings: Default and tearfree on
                Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): None

Comment

EHCI Handoff ..

This sounds a bit like the problem i had a few months back, i got mouse coursor corruptions and crashes, I found out it happend when the EHCI usb controller hands off it's control to the operating system, to solve it i had to disable "EHCI Handoff" in my bios

/Mr. Ulmo

Comment

Stefan D?singer, a WINE developer, has updated the bug ticket with some fairly in-depth info.

Comment

bugreport link?

Could you provide me with a link to the bugreport please ?

Comment

Working...
                      X