No announcement yet.

Sampling info about that mouse freeze bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only for you. In other forums peoples also reports the same.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
      Affected by the bug: No
      Graphics card: HD 5770 1GB
      Number of displays: 1
      Distribution (name, version, architecture): Linux Mint 11 x86_64
      Desktop environment: Gnome 2.x
      Compositing: On and Off
      fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: 11.5, 11.6, 11.7
      fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug: 11.4, 11.8, OpenGL4.2 Beta driver
      ATI Catalyst Control Center settings: default , with/without tearfree and vsync
      Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): installed 11.8
      corrected mine

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
        Affected by the bug: Yes (whenever i move the mouse to the lower right corner)
        Graphics card: HD5770 1024MB
        Number of displays: 1
        Distribution (name, version, architecture): Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64)
        Desktop environment: Gnome
        Compositing: On and Off (No change)
        fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: 11.5 TO 11.7 (AMD'S website )
        fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug: 11.3 through 11.7 (from AMD's website)
        ATI Catalyst Control Center settings: Default
        Hardware Cursor Enabled: Yes.
        Things I've tried to solved it (if affected): Disabled Tear-Free (no help), and use composition free desktop (no help)
        Just a quick update... Installing Catalyst 11.8 fixes the issue completely. ( even with hardware cursor enabled )

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
          Just a quick update... Installing Catalyst 11.8 fixes the issue completely. (even with hardware cursor enabled)
          Confirming this. 11.8 fixes the problem for me on Gentoo x86_64 (kernel 3.0.1-gentoo).

Comment

Affected by the bug: Yes
            Graphics card: HD5770
            Number of displays:1/2
            Distribution (name, version, architecture):Kubuntu 11.04
            Desktop environment: kde
            Compositing: On
            fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, with that bug: 11.5-11.8
            fglrx version(s) I've used on that distribution, without that bug:
            ATI Catalyst Control Center settings:
            Things I've tried to solved it (if affected):

The bug affects me only when I connect only one display to the card to the DVI connector /only the monitor - a Philips LCD/. When I connect a second display to the hdmi connector /a LG LCD TV/, the bug does not affect me on my primary display. /clone or multiple displays - it doesn't matter/

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
              Sorry, missed that:
              Code:
              sudo service gdm stop
              Replace gdm with the appropriate session manager (kdm, lxdm...) if needed.

Summing up so far:
              It seems to affect desktop cards based on the HD5000 and HD6000 series, on distributions shipping kernel 2.6.38 and later, with fglrx version 11.5+

More input appreciated!
              Thank you! I stopped gdm, installed the 11.8 driver, restarted, and everything is fine. Sweet!

My hat is off to anyone who contributed to fixing the problem, either by information gathering or helping to write the fix. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X